Yes, No, Maybe..I need to know.

KazooGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
S.W. Michigan
Before the price increase becomes a reality I need to understand how good the Hopper is. I upgraded to a 922 in the middle of January and am currently on my fourth one and it is beginning to frack up now too! I went with the 922 because it would control my bedroom set without having to pay anything additional just like the 722K that I had. I still have no interest any placing a Joey in the mix, but I am fed up with resetting my receiver daily, nightly or more times because the damn thing freezes up or has some other hissy fit.

Is the Hopper more reliable than the 922? Thanks for your input.

Is the Hopper more reliable than the 922?
Yes.....

The vip922 was buggy, it was a beta test, and myself and others were the testers. Mine finally blew up.....they sent another....with a noisy fan....I got the Hopper as soon as it was available.
Hopper for me has been a solid unit, I have 2 and have had no major issues with either, I had them over a year. :coffee

I switched from a buggy 922 and a 211 in Jan. to a Hopper and two Joeys. So far I've been pleased with the decision. The Hopper is not free of problems but compared to the 922 it's significantly better.

Sounds like your tv in the bedroom is sd? One way to avoid paying for a Joey might be to buy a rf modulator and send the signal that way to the bedroom from the Hopper. The only downside to that is that you'd have to watch the same stuff in the bedroom. You can also run component or a hdmi cable to the bedroom for hd but that get's a little more involved.

A joey is way better than using TV2 from previous receivers. I love my one Hopper and 2 Joeys. (I have 3 TV's on one of my Joeys, HD on two and old composite on the third (small tv in kitchen).

I got to be honest, I can't remember the last time I had to reboot my Hopper.
You may not have to reboot manually but your Hopper reboots every night so that's not exactly a great up-time model.

I do agree with Scott that it's been a long time since Hopper has locked up on me.

You may not have to reboot manually but your Hopper reboots every night so that's not exactly a great up-time model.

I do agree with Scott that it's been a long time since Hopper has locked up on me.

Like all other Dish receivers. This is by design. Maybe poor design on Dish's part, but it is not indicative of stability problems that will drop recordings or require manual reboots.

The Hopper system is by far the best satellite system I have seen and used. The only serious complaint I have ever really seen from people is when they only went with one Hopper instead of two.

I think one of the coolest improvements for the Hopper from past DVRs is the the remote control manager. It is much easier now setting up the remote control for your TV, on screen visual battery condition, listing of all remote controls paired to your Hopper, back up wizzard works much better, and the list goes on. Did the 922 remote controls have all these features too?

I think one of the coolest improvements for the Hopper from past DVRs is the the remote control manager. It is much easier now setting up the remote control for your TV, on screen visual battery condition, listing of all remote controls paired to your Hopper, back up wizzard works much better, and the list goes on. Did the 922 remote controls have all these features too?

Yup.

Recording 4 channels without PTAT (directly).

having dish network in condo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts