Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Yet another world direct question. 97W & 103W

Today I was playing around with my world direct dish and am scratching my head on why I am getting a low signal on 103.

I have two linear LNB's on my dish using the stock lnb holder wich places the lnb's at a 6 degree spacer. The 97W is on the right hand side if standing behind the dish and the 103 is on the left side again standing behind the dish.

97W has a signal of 83% :)
103 has a signal of only 15-23 :mad:

I played around with the ele & sku trying to bump up the 103 but that the highest I could get is 23%.

Thinking the problem is the sku because I have no idea what the sku should be on the dish when the polar plate is set in 5 degree increments, at the top being 90 degrees. I have the LNB's set to 90 degrees since the lnb holder will not turn.

Standing behind the dish, What should the sku be set to?

Lyngsat shows sku on 103 is 13.6 and for 97W it is 7.1

My zip is 52806
Using a birdog sat meter
Sonicview 4000
97W & 103 AMC1
two linear identical lnb's

Attachments

• dtvd.jpg
    dtvd.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
The skew on 103 is wrong, by which I mean that the actual polarization of the signal is wrong. I have no idea how that came about. But most sites don't account for this, they just calculate the skew to be the slope of the celestial equator, which it is for every other satellite. So, if you can't rotate your LNBs in the holder, or if you can but there's no room because of the size of the bodies, you're not going to get a good signal on 103 with a multi-LNB dish. I don't remember the actual difference in the skew, but it's quite a bit clockwise (facing the dish).

TheList_Angle_Calculator was updated last night to take into account the polarization offset of 26° for AMC1's Ku band.

DirectDishNet the skews for your location are:

Satellite|Skew
97.0°W Galaxy 19 C/Ku|7.2°L
103.0°W AMC 1 Ku|-12.4°R
103.0°W AMC 1 C|13.6°L
LNB Skew (Looking towards the dish): Positive: (Left) Negative: (Right)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sichbopvr 2.0

MPEG4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)