Your final chance to tell me this won't work.

zepol_wube

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
These are the parts I have collected am purchasing, will it work?
1 direcTv dish single LNB
1 direcTv elliptical dish 3 LNB
1 dish network dish 3 LNB
1 zinwell sam -6802 6x8 multiswitch
1 video path multi-dish switch model dp34 107107

I am going to purchase a Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver to go with these parts.

Will these parts work together to get me setup for FTA. What am I missing?
Are there compatibility issues? Will these switches work for FTA or are they somehow designed to only work for Directv or dish? Do I need a DiS EqC switch instead?

Pez

It'd be cheaper to buy a 90cm dish, a motor, and a Invacom QPH-031 than to buy all that new. Since you already have some of it, sell off some of the spendy stuff to fund your FTA setup. The DP34 / zinwell aren't real cheap.

DP34 is about useless for FTA.

That 6x8 muli-switch looks like it will provide no more benefit than a 4x4 / 4x8 multiswitch would.

All of those dishes are on the small side for FTA.

Shawn

I was handed all the stuff free except for the receiver. What makes the DP34 useless for FTA? Knowing that I already got all this stuff for free, will it work, what drawbacks or incompatibilities am I creating? Am I working myself into a corner?

first of all dish prodogy wont work with directv...ever

second do you mean a directv 18 inch dual lnb dish( not two lnbs, a single dual)?

this sounds like frankenstiens monster meets the bride of ergenstien. let us know if it comes alive .

good luck.

BTW, throw in an OTA and a scanner antenna and viola, the world at your fingertips!!!

I am obviously new to the technology... I am only looking to use this stuff for FTA.
The dishnetwork dish is elliptical, 33"x24". It has three cylindrical heads on it, two are inside of a main housing and the third is on an outrigger. It has 3 rg6 cables attached, the outrigger head has a covered connection point for another rg6 cable.
One of the DirecTV dishes is circular and ~19" across it has one head and one rg6 cable attached.
The other DirecTV dish is elliptical ~19"x23". It has three heads side by side, and 4 rg6 cables connected. Two of the rg6 cables are "connected" twin lead.
So based on my descriptions, can you tell me what I have or tell me how to determine what I have and maybe point me to a site to check for compatibility.
What makes these different dish pieces incompatible?

zepol_wube said:
These are the parts I have collected am purchasing, will it work?
1 direcTv dish single LNB
1 direcTv elliptical dish 3 LNB
1 dish network dish 3 LNB
1 zinwell sam -6802 6x8 multiswitch
1 video path multi-dish switch model dp34 107107
I am going to purchase a Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver to go with these parts.
Will these parts work together to get me setup for FTA. What am I missing?
Pez

You're missing the fact that many FTA signals are linear polarized. All the LNB's that you have are circularly polarized.

You know they are circular polarized because that is what DirecTv and Dish use? What other clues can you give me such that I can distinguish that fact, are there particular markings or call letters in the title of a lnb that signify linear or cicular?

the directv 18, the directv oval, and the dish no work lnbs of any kind that you have are circular... dont bother looking, there are no markings.

if i were you i would ask the mod called iceberg, hes the potantate of dish farms....LOL

Last edited:
zepol_wube said:
You know they are circular polarized because that is what DirecTv and Dish use?
correct. Dish & Direct use circular except for the follwoing circumstances
-Dish uses linear for the Superdish 105 and 121 slots
-DirecTV uses linear for 95 and I think 99

What other clues can you give me such that I can distinguish that fact, are there particular markings or call letters in the title of a lnb that signify linear or cicular?
most LNB's will say 12.2-12.7MHZ..these are circular
11.7-12.2 or 10.7-12.2MHZ are Linear

Most linear ones look different :)

Iceberg said:
correct. Dish & Direct use circular except for the follwoing circumstances
-Dish uses linear for the Superdish 105 and 121 slots
-DirecTV uses linear for 95 and I think 99
most LNB's will say 12.2-12.7MHZ..these are circular
11.7-12.2 or 10.7-12.2MHZ are Linear
Most linear ones look different :)

berg , only the directv international at 95 is linear,72 is circular as is 101,110,119.....soon to be only the 99,101,103.

You might be able to get about $50 or so for that stuff if listed separately on eBay, which you could then use to buy appropriate hardware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)