Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
Although, it's a feature I don't use that often, occasionally I like to watch YouTube videos on the big screen. I've done this many times on my HR-24 receivers, and on my HR-34. I don't think I've ever tried it on my HR-44 until today and I had no luck. I wanted to watch the "Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens" trailer. Normally a Smart Search would list it as a Keyword or YouTube result, but it didn't. Then I searched for my YouTube user name to pull up my own videos and again no luck. Did DirecTV eliminate this feature from the HR-44? I just tried it on my HR-24 without a problem. I did a reboot on the HR-44 and still no YouTube. What gives? Does anyone have YouTube access on their HR-44's?

1.Do you see the YouTube icon app in the menu?
2.Do you have web videos set to allow in the Parental Control settings?
3.Does it show the HR44 as being internet connected using the dash button by the number key pads?
4.How are you connected to internet wifi or wired ethernet?

Internet connection's been great. I had no YouTube icon app in menu. No parental controls. Internet connected. Connected hardwired with CCK. It was weird. It was gone, couldn't do YouTube searches and no icon, but it's all back and working fine now. I did do several restarts, without helping, but after a few days of forgetting about it, it's all back and working as it should. Weird! Thanks for your suggestions.

Did you get a download of a new release? Losing youtube (and other features) often happens after a download. The problem usually fixes itself after 24-48 hours.

Status
Please reply by conversation.