ZOOM IN MORE PLEASE!!!

tech_guru

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Vicksburg MS.
THE SETTINGS THAT ALLOWS YOU TO CUSTOMIZE THE GUIDE TO YOUR TELEVISION ISN'T SUFFICIENT ENOUGH IT DOESN'T ZOOM IN ENOUGH YOU CAN BARELY READ IT THIS IS ON A 27 INCH SYMPHONIC PLEASE FIX!!!:mad:

I use the largest text available (for the 211 and 222). On the Dish remote, I press the following: Menu then 8 Preferences then 1 Guide Format. Then, you may select "Large - 4 Rows." I hope that helps.

(I also use "Lower to Higher" for "Channel Order Top to Bottom." The other option by default actually annoyed me.)

yes on the hopper under format tv and screen adjustments I click the plus sign until it grey's out and no one in the house can read the guide its not just me and my tv is not that small I could read the guide from far back on the vip722k reciever from dish

yes on the hopper under format tv and screen adjustments I click the plus sign until it grey's out and no one in the house can read the guide its not just me and my tv is not that small I could read the guide from far back on the vip722k reciever from dish
The shift and period keys on your keyboard aren't working properly. It makes it hard to understand what you are trying to say. You should get that fixed.

This guy's posts are always hard on my eyes. He must not be able to read what he types either.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

tech_guru said:

Those adjustments are not for zooming the guide, they are so you can adjust for any overscan on your set and not cutoff any of the guide.

Sent from my DROIDX

Those adjustments are not for zooming the guide, they are so you can adjust for any overscan on your set and not cutoff any of the guide.

Sent from my DROIDX

Bingo. Exactly what I was thinking.
Sounds like he is using the overscan zoom for the wrong purpose.

However the hopper does need some options for people who can't see very well. My parents have a hard time with the new DVR screen because the text is so small. So more options would be awesome.

However the hopper does need some options for people who can't see very well. My parents have a hard time with the new DVR screen because the text is so small. So more options would be awesome.
That's all part of the "High definition" guide of the Hopper/Joey, but I agree, options to allow larger text for those who choose that would be a nice feature.

I agree the VIP receivers had better options to allow one to see the guide and DVR contents. The Icon feature for DVR looks more like windows but lacks the window ability to see small , medium , or large Icons. To ease the transition from VIP to Hopper/Joey a classic(VIP) option should be available .

Ease the transition? These are going to new customers in most cases. Any VIP users who switch are in most cases a bit more technically oriented in nature and can adapt.

The Hopper displays 7 "lines" (channels), if I am counting correctly. Didn't the VIP have 6 lines as one of the settings? The font seemed bigger on the 722. It would be nice to have a choice of how many lines like the VIP series had.

I do agree that in certain cases the Hopper is tougher to read than the 722. I am 40 and I have pretty good eyes. I think it is a contrast problem, at night it is easier to read than during the day. That black on grey washes out too easy. I never had that problem with my 722. I would like to be able to have a day/night setting where the colors invert automatic at dusk and/or manually through the GUI. My factory car radio/GPS and my cell phone maps do this and it helps tremendously.

well I use it so I can bring the guide in closer but it doesnt zoom in enough and you can adjust left and right so im only cutting a little off of the right hand side which doesnt really matter im not losing picture logos on the left side

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)