110/119 Listings Post 129 Transition (Updated 4/13/2024)

Dish has added channel 93, the past holiday Dish Scapes. Also added the Yule log channels back on 303 and 304. All 3 are on 110, TP 24 on Western Arc. The same transponder as some of the part time sports channels.

Also, holiday traditions, Sirius XM 73 is now mapped on 9844.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Updated the channel listings in posts #3 and #4 for Western Arc. The only change that I had not previously noted is that at some point over the last month, Fox Sports 2 moved from 110, TP 13 to 110, TP 22.

The changes from yesterday involve the rest of the holiday music channels have been remapped. On Western Arc (and ViP211k receivers), the following now show up:

9787 - Classical Holidays (CD23)
9788 - Modern Holiday (CD5)
9842 - Traditional Holidays (CD13)
9843 - Holiday Instrumentals (AUD05)
9847 - Country Holiday (CD2)
9848 - Soulful Holidays (AUD16)

This is now in addition to 9844, which was mapped 2 weeks ago.

No movement between transponders or satellites, just new mappings.

I also noticed that for my local channels, NBC (WMAQ) and WGN both now say "Digital Service" and "No Info Available" for the EPG on the OTA channels. Something changed on those channels.

For today's uplink, Dish did remove the following remaps for holidays:

9787 - Classical Holidays (CD23)
9788 - Modern Holiday (CD5)
9843 - Holiday Instrumentals (AUD05)
9847 - Country Holiday (CD2)
9848 - Soulful Holidays (AUD16)

However, the following is still there:

9842 - Traditional Holidays (CD13)

Does anybody know the Satellite/Transponder for the Reno, NV local stations?

Thanks in advance
Being that far west, the satellites are probably 110 and 119. It does no good to know which transponders are used because the Dish Receiver does that automatically and Dish occasionally moves them to various transponders as per the database in the receiver. In other words if your know the transponder, all you can do is check signal strength, no tuning allowed. If you tune the channel you are considering, there is a key sequence that tells you which transponder that channel is on.

Last edited:
Being that far west, the satellites are probably 110 and 119. It does no good to know which transponders are used because the Dish Receiver does that automatically and Dish occasionally moves them to various transponders as per the database in the receiver. In other words if your know the transponder, all you can do is check signal strength, no tuning allowed. If you tune the channel you are considering, there is a key sequence that tells you which transponder that channel is on.
Thank you.

In my case it does matter. I'm located at the fringe of the spotbeam when it was on 129. Now that 129 is gone I can no longer receive them. I'm trying to locate where they are at so I can re-point a larger dish in hopes of once again receiving the locals.

Looking back at the archived versions of James Long's site, satellite 119, TP 05, Spotbeam A4 is where the Reno SD channels were before 129 was removed from the configuration. It wouldn't surprise me if during the conversion/channel shuffle the HD channels were put on the same transponder/spotbeam as the SD channels were. Reno only has 8 HD channels and 1 SD channel, so it is definitely a possibility.

Looking back at the archived versions of James Long's site, satellite 119, TP 05, Spotbeam A4 is where the Reno SD channels were before 129 was removed from the configuration. It wouldn't surprise me if during the conversion/channel shuffle the HD channels were put on the same transponder/spotbeam as the SD channels were. Reno only has 8 HD channels and 1 SD channel, so it is definitely a possibility.
Thanks for the tip.

I also noticed that for my local channels, NBC (WMAQ) and WGN both now say "Digital Service" and "No Info Available" for the EPG on the OTA channels. Something changed on those channels.
John Ourand posted today that the Dish Network contract for NBC expires on December 31. (It is at the end of the article linked in this tweet about Comcast/Paramount coming to an agreement). Typically Dish will re-link the local channels with a separate EPG in case the channel gets taken down to a dispute so those with an OTA adapter don't lose EPG. Nothing listed about Nexstar contract (which owns WGN) - Dish signed a new deal with Nexstar on December 25, 2020, so it wouldn't surprise me if that contract ends in the near future and Dish was linking EPG for those two channels just in case something goes south in contract negotiations.

View: https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1740820723537674668