This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

811 Wanted!!!

Superjfly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 27, 2004
Sheboygan, WI
I'm in search of an 811 receiver. I was tricked into subscribing through SBC DISH leading me on that getting HD would be no problem and somehow they can't get HD boxes directly from DISH. Three months of waiting is enough for me.

Anyone willing to sell their 811 at a reasonable price, please contact me.

Thanks,
Neil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
6/3/04 Update:

I appreciate all that have messaged me about my quest for an 811. I've tried emailing DISH directly with no response. I broke down and bought one on Ebay.

Neil

Send an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com. They will call and get you an 811 installed for a price cheaper than retail. All you need is to commit to 1 year of the HD Pak. I called 1-800-333-DISH and was told 6 to 8 weeks. One email and am already enjoying HDTV. Emailed them on 5/21/04 and had it installed on 5/26/04.

You want a 811 receiver?? Are you insane?? :shocked They are a POS. Bug city.
I'd wait a year or so until Dish gets their act together. If possible.

Spummerr,

You must not being doing your homework. P.O.S. not even close. Buggy, yes, but hardly a P.O.S. Where are you getting your info from? DirecTV? I've had mine for a week and I still have not had any troubles, and believe am trying to make it crash! The image in dark compared to other SD recievers, but much crisper and more detail.

Why don't you try it out for yourself before feeding your bias opinions to the forum members.

I did, it's a bug infested POS.
I don't have any HD right now.

Because the 811 was cheap at $149. It was worth trying. The 921 is even a bigger POS. Read the forum.
That's the only 2 models Dish had.
I might try voom next.

harveystern said:
than why did you get an 811 if you dont have hd? harvey

I appreciate all that have messaged me about my quest for an 811. I've tried emailing DISH directly with no response. I broke down and bought one on Ebay.

Neil

Yeah, I tried emailing the CEO the same as you. Never got a return message. I am just about ready to give up on Dish. The SBC offering didn't require any long term commitment so may just go back to cable. I've been waiting on an 811 for over 2 months now.

After calling to set-up my 811 last night, the guy on the phone said they are looking at 3 more months. This was talking directly to DISH, not SBC DISH. I've found you get zero answers through SBC DISH.

Neil