This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Add MASN already Dish!!

Chris Walker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
The blackouts are already starting, it seems like anyone on the east coast is blacked on anything involving the Nationals. Get MASN up already E*, it can't be that expensive, let's go already.

riffjim4069 said:
I would love to see MASN added to the lineup...unfortunately, Charlie thought we were asking for Massanutten.

Cough up a nickle per so we can see our local sports teams!

I have called Dish 3 times already over the past month requesting it, you should do the same. Don't email, call. Their blackouts are crazy, they even overlapped my home team last year sometimes when the Nationals were playing them. I have never seen a team claim so much territory as their "local market" as the Nationals are doing.

Last edited:
juan said:
hmm wonder why COMCAST has never added that channel..only D* bent over

Comcast is not adding it due to MASN trying to take the Orioles away from CSN, so they are just suing each other back and forth. If MASN gets their way, they'll have over 100 Orioles and over 100 Nats games next year so it will be twice as bad if we don't have it. Dish could pick up some subs in Comcast markets if they'd pick MASN up.

I'll contact them as well. I'm guessing that this channel is low on the list of requests, but demand should increase as the Nats become established in the D.C. area. Plus the Orioles will almost certainly be on MASN next year, so Dish should just get the contract done now.

This is still in litigation. Comcast has appealed the dismissal of their case to the highest court in Maryland, the Court of Appeals. Comcast's contract with the Orioles gives Comcast the right to match any higher offer for the O's TV rights. Peter Angelos bypassed Comcast by setting up MASN with MLB and giving the TV rights to the Nats and O's to MASN without any competive bidding. Comcast feels that their contract allowed them to bid on the O's and probably the Nat's TV rights.

E* should carry MASN also since D* is the only provider short of Cox that can provide MASN in the DC area. But, I hear that their asking price was similar to YES' scheme, which is $2 per sub AND availability of their RSN on AT60 and not AT60+ or higher. So if E* says no to YES, they probably will say no to MASN. Boo. Peter Angelos shouldn't do that and E* should compromise a little to give viewers MASN!

^ Let's go Dish, keeping calling E* everybody. Three days into the season and the blackouts are already irritating

$2 per seems rather steep for a regional sports channel. If true, I don't blame E* for not carrying MASN. Something along the lines of 30 cents per area subscriber is more reasonable...let MASN make their money selling ad time.

The other alternative is al a carte the channel for $1.99 per month. Hell, al a carte 'em all in my opinion.

Do you guys think DISH is waiting what happens to the Comcast vs. Peter Angelos, I mean MASN, before they add this channel? They're losing subs to DirecTV and Cox already so they better act fast!

Well,

Comcast is now going to add MASN to its lineup. Also MASN has now gone 24/7 with full time programming. So I think its now about time for Dish to add this one.

Oh, and a HDTV CSN wouldn't hurt either.

Well, MASN now has a contract for Georgetown and Howard U basketball. So at there there are some Winter season games to be seen.

Cyclone said:
Well, MASN now has a contract for Georgetown and Howard U basketball. So at there there are some Winter season games to be seen.

Well no, not necessarily!

Add MASN

This is from MASN:

Dear

Thank you for contacting the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network. MASN is currently
being carried by five providers in the region: DirecTV, Charter, Cox, Verizon
Fios, RCN. Starting September 1, MASN will also be carried by Comcast. MASN
has made the same offer to Dish that has been made to the 6 cable and satellite
providers carrying MASN, but DISH has not yet agreed to carry MASN.

If your cable or satellite provider is not carrying MASN, you should contact
them directly and tell them to turn on MASN. Alternatively, you could visit our
website - www.masn.tv - and find another provider that is carrying MASN.

Thank you for your interest in the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network.

Sincerely,

The MASN team