Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcycle_rider

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 8, 2004
Northeast Michigan
I have to talk about this because it is so sweet. My wifes laptop was using a Wireless B notebook adapter for her internet and I have been concidering getting a Wireless G or better for her. Well I was searching internal mini PCI card for her laptop when I stumbled across a website that mentioned many wireless (older) routers used these cards.

Well one of the listed models was a router that I was previously using and I went to get it when I realized I gave it to my sister. I was sitting here calling myself everything in the book when I remembered that my old Verslink modem from Verizon had wireless capabilities. I proceded to take it apart and low and behold a mini PCI wireless lan card :D :D I took the numbers off the chip and determined what kind it was and then downloaded drivers, installed card. Now she has built in wireless without the damn card at a wopping cost of $0. I am not using Verizon anyways anymore so I am happy, she is happy and its a wireless G+ card bursts up to 108Mbs and averages 54Mbs. Great for our network drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.