This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Adelphia buyout getting odder

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Looks like I'll have to deal w/ this for another three weeks or so....

my email looks to be down (it's web based)

they oddly enough added current to the tv lineup...it's interesting...I guess if CNN mearged with MTV and got ADD that's what it would look like...no mensioning of it on currents website though

the channel lineup has errors on their page.

Comcast sent a notice that the full intergration I think would be around the 9th next month...

It should be interesting as to how much they'll upgrade things.

I called Adelphia about the e-mail being down today and they forward me to Comcast because of the buyout (auto forward because of phone number). Comcast keeps referring me to Adelphia's Customer support number which keeps forwarding me back to Comcast. I finally got a Comcast person to give me a local PA number to call and they said that the e-mail servers were down.

What a great turnover, and I'm moving next week

Now I can kinda access my email but it isn't really working...I can't send and I can't receive. I get a good 10-15 emails a day...there's no way that somehow I got nothing for a few days.

Worse when this comes back I'll probably over my mail capasity and stuff will be bounced!

I suppose it could be far worse...the cable co before this one (harron) didn't even have the digital or internet service...the highest tech was probably the sega channel!

Then during a massive rainstorm when they lost connections they had only one channel come up...a ppv of either one of the woodstock reunions or of lollapalloza...what was on the screen was definatly NOT kid friendly.

Got an email today stating that Adelphia will offically be Comcast as of November 9. Hopefully this will begin to solve some of our recent problems!

Got an email today stating that Adelphia will offically be Comcast as of November 9. Hopefully this will begin to solve some of our recent problems!

I have a coworker that works in a warehouse by comcast...I told him that the company sent that out...the trouble is it implies the upgrade would be done by then. When I told him that he just laughed.

Anyway I'm starting to get really ticked off about the email being down for five days....

Yeah, good luck with that. Some of us (Suscom) have been "officially" been Comcast since August and have yet to see a change. Well, we did get cool Comcast stickers on the digital boxes and the trucks now have Comcast paint jobs. Hmm, I guess we are "officially" Comcast. Too bad we don't have any new channels, VOD, or a Comcast guide to show for it.

Email? Come on man...sometime...

Interesting though we're now getting Vs....I thought it was supposed to be the outdoor channel but now it has boxing?!? OK I guess.