This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Any suggesstions for a free mpg to mp3 converter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
I was fiddling with audiorip a bit but wasn't having too much luck using it on some of the party music stuff on 97w since ts reader kept crashing... DVB Dream's mp3 recorder plugin didn't do me much good either since DVB Dream kept breaking up the audio something aweful and stalling the computer due to too much ram use.... Finally started using the Nextorm software that came with the DVB World Box and it's recording fine and music sounds awesome, but it's recording oversized, bloated mpg files. I'm looking for something to convert those to mp3 to downsize a whole lot of tunes on to a cd or mp3 player. Also looking for advice on how to get this stuff to record direct to mp3 without all the problems ts reader and dvb dream are throwing at me due to my computer's lower then quality specs... 1.5 ghz, 512 mb emachine... dvb dream also had troubles recording movies off of g10r so I swapped back to using nextorm for that and all is well... nextorm just seems to be better software for recording on lower spec machines, even if it's codec ain't the greatest in the world and it records in mpg file format... Also, if you do have advice for a mpg to mp3 converter, how good is it at compression to shrink file size? I have recorded directly from radio via a soundcard and audacity + lame dll file to convert in to mp3 before. I'm looking for something with that level of compression... where you can fit almost 12-24 hours of songs on one cd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.