Can a DP21 and a DP Plus Twin combine to get 4 satellites?

S

SummitAdvantageRetailer

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 11, 2004
East Coast
Guys (and gals),

I haven't tried this before but is it possible to add a wing dish to a Dish 1000 by using a DP21 switch with the DP Plus Twin LNBF to get the following 4 satellites? Namely, the 110, 119 and 129 from the Dish1000 and 61.5 from a wing dish. Thanks a bunch!

S

SmityWhity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 8, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't think so, the DPP Twin is only compatible with DPP Switches. However, I believe I read that it was also compatible with the DP34 provided you added a power inserter from a DPP44.

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwo...allation_Considerations-DP_Plus_Twin_LNBF.pdf

However, if you can feed a DPP44 and a DP Dual into a DP21, it seems like maybe you could. But then I would wonder if the power requirements of the DPP Twin would damage the DP21?

RandallA

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
The moment you connect a switch to the DPP Twin, the satellite IN port is disabled. So, NO a DP21 won't allow you to get 4 satellites. You'll need the DPP44 switch.

S

SummitAdvantageRetailer

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 11, 2004
East Coast
Thanks, guys. I guess there's no shortcut to this one like with the DP21 and DP34 switch combo. Thank you for the quick responses. Much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts