This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cinemax & TMC HD

I watch Rave and (occasionally) something on Filmfest. Equator occasionally has some interesting programming. Beyond that, I don't bother. I guess I don't find much of it "compelling". I watch the HDNets, UHD and ESPNs (HD) far more.

Cinemax HD would be nice, no doubt about it, but I'd like the outboard USB storage first.

If the PQ from Cinemax HD is no better than what we are getting from Starz HD, then I'd just as soon not get it. In the last two weeks I quit watching three movies on Starz due to not being able to stand how bad the picture was.

I certainly wouldn't want to watch the Star Wars series if the picture was the same as it was for Narnia. My DVD of Narnia was better.

I remember that even in the good old days of VOOM StarzHD was nothing to go crazy about. Alot of upconverts and all. I am disappointed in what VOOm has become. I ended up cancelling because I found myself never watching any of the programming. I have never seen the PQ from CinemaxHD on any provider. Truth is that I have been down about the current state of HD and I have now cancelled all HD packs. The WOW factor just isn't there anymore for me. I now watch my HD via OTA ant.

Hmmm... I don't think so. It's end of year and other items are taken care of in November regarding costs. Expect ANY new DISH promotions that come through regarding HD, in late February early March (announcements of the "upcoming" services will be made late Dec-early Jan.) Most of the big existing customer promotions are typically scheduled June-July, DIU promos and such.

New HD options generally aren't made available at end of year.

On Comcast it (Max-HD) looks great, the reason why Narnia looked so awful was with the HD-Lite from Dish, Starz also zoomed in the picture to fit the 16x9 screen (1:78), OAR for Narnia is 2:35 or 2:40.

The Star Wars movies are going to be shown in their OAR, so no zooming, and I am now looking for a D-VHS machine to save them until they come out on a HD Disc format.