Dish's solution for receiving 105º and 121º?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RoyW

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
San Diego
My question is since Dish doesn't appear to have a single dish in the works with an LNBF capable of receiving 105º, or 121º what is their solution going to be for people that want both an International package, and an HD package?.
I know that there is a forth coming 44 switch that would allow a 300 dish, plus a super dish to pick up four satellite positons, but that would only hold true as long as the mirroring continues off 61.5º and 148º.
RoyW

You mean 105 and 121.

I would think that DISH would keep internationals on 148 for the mean time until they could come up with a better solution.

I certainly hope your correct, and have no information that would lead me to believe otherwise, however I don't want to turn on the TV one of these days and find a crawler running across the bottom of the screen letting me know that the programming is being moved and to contact Dish. I have experienced this in the past and just want to stay abreast this time.
RoyW

RoyW said:
My question is since Dish doesn't appear to have a single dish in the works with an LNBF capable of receiving 105º, or 121º what is their solution going to be for people that want both an International package, and an HD package?.
I know that there is a forth coming 44 switch that would allow a 300 dish, plus a super dish to pick up four satellite positons, but that would only hold true as long as the mirroring continues off 61.5º and 148º.
RoyW

DISH really hasn't made any announcements with respect to exactly what will be on 121 and what they will do with 61.5 and 148. I'm in the same boat as you and all I know is that they will have a 5 satellite switch solution using a DP+44 with a DP21 so you can get a wing sat as well as 105/110/119/121.

--- WCS

At the present time Dish has all the International channels mirrored off 121, of course I'm sure they could shift them back off that position but it certainly looks like they have the intention of at the minimum placing new international subcribers on that feed, with the possiblity of shifting everyone eventually.
RoyW

Can you imagine having TWO Superdishes and two wing-sat dishes? That's what you would need on the west coast if you wanted HD, Internationals, wing-sat locals on 148 (or 157) and Sky Angel. I sure hope they come up with a better solution before cutting off the internationals on the wing-sats!

All the new additions will only be added to 121, 61.5 will not receive new channels.

They will probably give those international customers a deal for the SuperDish, probably a new one with free installation when you subscribe to an international package at 121.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)