This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DTVPal ?

mthawki

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
Helena, MT
This has probably been discussed ad nauseum, but I couldn't find a specific answer.

Will a DTVPal or similar converter box take an analog low power signal, convert it to digital and show up in my 722 OTA guide and be recordable to my DVR?

Our local PBS is broadcast via LP analog and won't be converting to digital. So I would like to pick it up OTA and record programming to my 722. Hopefully a converter is capable of doing this, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

Thank you all!!!

I probably should have put this in the Tech Discussion section, so if an Admin could move it I'd appreciate it.

Scott - Is there any equipment out there that would convert analog to digital in order to resolve the LP analog issue that I have?

Scott - Is there any equipment out there that would convert analog to digital in order to resolve the LP analog issue that I have?
There is equipment to do this, namely ATSC modulators, but they are pro-grade and very expensive. I am not aware of any affordable device. Your best bet for recording low power NTSC channels is an old fashioned VCR (or DVD-R).