This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

hard drive question

rchays57

Original poster
Sep 2, 2021
gerry ny
Hello everyone. Long time dish customer and always bought my receivers so i have a couple hanging around. My question is can i somehow get the recordings off the old receivers? I have a hopper3 now with 3 joeys. Can i take the old drives out and use then in my ehd enclosure as is and have the recordings recognized or will they need to be formatted? Can i somehow hook the old receiver up and transfer the recordings to the hopper or ehd? The old receivers are a 722 and a 922. I am using my same account for all the receivers if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

Back in the ViP days there was a Linux program that could read and copy the transport stream directly from the internal drive but not so with the Hoppers. The only way to preserve your recordings off Dish is with a Hauppauge PVR 1212 connected component with Toslink audio where you play the recording in real time and the PVR 1212 sends it to your PC via USB connection, I believe as a transport stream. Hauppauge also has a HDMI version.