This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

If there ever was a story that hits the NCAA hypocrisy on the nose, it's this one..

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
In light of the scandals at The U and recently Ohio State, this story hits a home run as far as the hypocrisy of the NCAA and money.

Miami scandal is symptom of NCAA flaws - Investigations - Yahoo! Sports

This is ridiculous !! You know this kind of stuff ONLY goes on under Jim Tressell and at OSU...

Again, as I have stated, I think the entire NCAA rule book needs to be totally revamped. I am unsure of how rules are explained to the student athletes when they arrive on campus or each year. Assuming they do get some training on these stupid rules, they are still rules and must be followed regardless.

I do not disagree with you, but the NCAA has to look itself in the mirror and wonder if they setting the wrong example themselves.

If they are getting a free education to play sports than I don't think the schools should give them money BUT I do think the players should be aloud to get a job any job as long as it's legal, they pay taxes and it doesn't interfere with their school work. If the schools were to pay the players than the free education, room and board and books should be taken off the table. One or the other not both.

I don't get this. I am a university employee. I have to take ethics training every year (online), and I know that I can't accept gifts. I am guessing that this was somehow framed as a business trip? Want to know why we can't have a playoff system in "FBS" football? It's garbage like this. When you've bought the people setting the rules, you tend to get your way.

For that matter, I don't see college football ever being clean until the boosters are under control. I wonder what would happen if they took away all special access that boosters get to programs and players? In other words, no access to the locker room, no sideline passes, and so on. I read this week that 1-AA James Madison just sunk $62.5 million into their football stadium!

$62.5M stadium renovation raises JMU expectations - San Antonio Express-News