I've About Had It With My 721...

jdmcs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Charlottesville, VA
I've just about had it with my 721 receiver. Last month, one of the tuners failed and the receiver had to be replaced. Now, less than a month later, the receiver has reported that the hard disk has failed twice within a week.

And the only reason the CSR set up a return was because it would not update its guide after the receiver reformatted the drive...

Are the 721 receivers this unreliable???!!!

Can anyone recommend a good reliable receiver, even if its not a dual tuner model? I'll even accept your recomendation if it is for the 301 receiver. :eek:

My Bad...

And I've had it so much with my Dish 721 DVR receiver, I accidently put this thread in the DirecTV DVR Forum. Would someone please move this thread! :shocked

I have had my 721 a little less than a year. It is my most dependable receiver. I often use it to backup stuff I program on my 921 in case the 921 misses a recording. I don't think I ever missed one with the 721. I just wish it could get HD. :)

erasmu, you must be the luckiest person in the world. I have had my 721 since they came out (2 721's total) and have had many missed timer events along with just about every other problem the stupid software engineers at E* could dream up. BUT, even with all of these problems I would never be without a 2 tuner DVR (one that you do not pay a dvr fee). I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I switch to HD.

ken said:
erasmu, you must be the luckiest person in the world. I have had my 721 since they came out (2 721's total) and have had many missed timer events along with just about every other problem ....

I have heard many others say they are happy with their 721s now. Remember I have only had it about a year. I did hear it was buggy when first released, but I find it to be very stable now. Do you still get missed recordings with the last couple of software releases?

mine's been fine (after a newborn death).

Works great. (except for no NBR, and most of the interactive stuff doesn't).

LER

Ya, still getting a few missed timers. The biggest problem is that if I don't reboot it every week it slows down to a snails pace.

My 721 has been pretty good. I had a second tuner failure with the first one I got but this one has been going for about a year now. The only issue I have had with it was a software issue where I had to reboot it when it would only do a few functions such as go to the EPG but not change channels and do other functions. Other people reported the same problem when it was happening.

522- how many in searc history?

Dish Pvr 522 And Replay Tv 5504 Remote Input Help Needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)