This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lost everything!

MThomas2424

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
San Jose, CA.
Lost All Channels

This is a problem my parents are having and I was wondering if anybody has any ideas on what happened. Here is the story...My parents lost all the channels on their Dish 4900 receiver. They are full-time RVers and set the Dish up at every stop. They set up DIsh and got a signal of 92. Everything working fine for about an hour and a half and then all channels went blank. They come up in "RED" like they are not subscribed to anything on the guide. The distant east and west networks are gone completely from the guide. They called Dish Network several times and they say they cant see any problems on their end. Meanwhile still getting a 92 signal. This went on for two days and then the Sirius Music Channels came back to life. Now they only get the Sirius channels and all others are still in red. Any ideas on what might be the problem would be appreciated. Maybe the receiver went bad? The Dish CSR's as usual are no help!
Thanks, Mike

Certainly sounds like an auth problem. Ask specifically for a re-hit.

Note that the 6000 boxes have jut had all the blue cards swapped for yellow ones, and as of Sept. 1st (or so), the people that did not swap lost their channels. I wonder if this might be the poblem here too even though I hven't seen anything about 4900's - maybe that swap was supposed to happen long ago, and is just now getting caught up?

SimpleSimon,
I already asked about the smart card update. A Dish CSR informed me it doesn't affect the 4900's at this time. I will call and ask about a "re-hit". Thanks for the info.

Mike

Does anybody know or know where I can find the current software version for the Dish 4900 receiver? Thanks, Mike

Sorry for the OT, but just to clarify.. 6000s cannot view any HD channels without a yellow card, they can still view the SD channels.

Problem solved

It turns out Dish had a 311 receiver listed on my parents account. How this happened is beyond me since they have never had a 311. Anyway, all is good again and their programming is back to normal. Thanks for your help.
Mike