new dishanywhere.com website not working... sorta

S

Smwoodward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 6, 2013
Alabama
I just found the www.dishanywhere.com website, and when I log into it through chrome or IE, it says it's connecting to my DVR, then finally puts me at the page, and it says i'm a guest, but I am also logged in. If I click guide, live tv or my dvr it says there is an error. Now, if I log into the site with Chrome incognetio mode, it works fine. Anyone else seeing this?

eacalhoun

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
The problem I see is multiple (duplicated) guide listings for the same channel - unless that somehow is supposed to represent the TV1 guide and TV2 guide to accommodate creating timers for either tuner. I also don't see my OTA channels- I was seeing those the other day.

S

smoeke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
just tried it now for 1st time, using Chrome it worked perfectly. maybe clear your cache,cookies?

jagowar

jagowar

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 23, 2004
Tried it out just now.... very slow and seemed to have trouble detecting my hopper. Also hate this still requires a plugin to work. Tried on chrome and firefox.

Dish really needs to just release a real windows 7/8 application and not force us windows users to use this janky webpage (esp if its not going to work seamlessly).

S

Smwoodward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 6, 2013
Alabama
Tried it out just now.... very slow and seemed to have trouble detecting my hopper. Also hate this still requires a plugin to work. Tried on chrome and firefox.

Dish really needs to just release a real windows 7/8 application and not force us windows users to use this janky webpage (esp if its not going to work seamlessly).

Agreed!!!

TheKrell

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA

+1,000,000!!!!!

S

Smwoodward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 6, 2013
Alabama
just tried it now for 1st time, using Chrome it worked perfectly. maybe clear your cache,cookies?

Duh... that worked. Don't know why I didn't think about doing that, and I work in the IT industry... gee...

jcvaughan

jcvaughan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2005
Pacifica CA
What is the reason for this site when they have dishonline.com? (which still never worked as well as the original slingguide site)

T

thomasjk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I just received an email about it from Dish. So far its very flaky. The first time I went there it said I was a guest ans then decided that I was logged in. It found the Hopper quickly, now it says its offline. Now everything is OK. It seems to be better than Dish online at first glance which was always very slow for me.

bmorgan

bmorgan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 5, 2006
Duh... that worked. Don't know why I didn't think about doing that, and I work in the IT industry... gee...

Specifically, just delete cookies with "dishanywhere" in the name. I'm using the latest, stable Chrome and it only works once for me before I have to delete 'em.

johnissoevil

johnissoevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 4, 2011
Erie, PA
I haven't had any problems with the new site. In fact, you all my remember a month ago when I was having problems getting live TV to work for DishOnline. As we all know, TV has cancellations every season. When I started using the new site, the problems I posted about went through their cancellation. I guess tech issues don't get good enough ratings from me to stick around. ;)