Old Satellite Dish

M

malacoma

SatelliteGuys Family
May 13, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I cancelled Dish a while ago and sent in the LNBs from the dish on the house. Now the dish off the house and sitting in my back yard. Dish says they don't want it back, what can I do with it instead of throwing it away?

Thanks,
Matt

Scherrman

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Recycle it, turn it into a bird bath, give it to someone creative, maybe someone wants an extra dish or just throw it away.

Kraven

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
If you have time, a Solar Death Ray works. Or, if you've seen Christmas Vacation, use it as a slide.

Cheers, K

Scherrman

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Do a google search and see if you can find some ideas. Some people can get pretty creative.

dare2be

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
If you made it into a birdbath, you'll get the occasional bird splashing around in it, but its primary use would be as a mosquito nursery.

J

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2007
Somebody who wants to bring their receiver with them while camping might be interested. Would be more interested if you still had the LNB, but you never know.

Stick it by the side of the road with a " $5 " sign and somebody will probably steal it.

gpflepsen

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
The dish is worth "Free, you come pick up" for reuse. It's not worth the gas to take it to a scrap yard.

Most car repair shops would have a scrap pile you could throw it on too.

jrp

jrp

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 24, 2007
Iowa
If you made it into a birdbath, you'll get the occasional bird splashing around in it, but its primary use would be as a mosquito nursery.

Not if you flush it with clean water regularly.