One Endzone Offense at Wrigley?

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
This should be interesting. What do they do on turnovers, swap field directions? This might be a long game. :)

• All offensive plays will head toward the west end zone, including all extra points and all overtime possessions.

• All kickoffs will be kicked toward the east end zone.

• After every change of possession, the ball will be repositioned for the offense to head toward the west end zone.

For Northwestern Wildcats-Illinois Illini game at Wrigley, offense will use one end zone - ESPN Chicago

Lame if you ask me. They knew about the possible "danger" on that one end zone since the field has been put down where the padding is like 3 inches from the back of the end zone so what took them so long to decide

Big 10 office and Northwestern look stupid.

Gimmick deal worthy of something you would see in MLS, a Class A baseball team, the WAC or I-AA. Northwestern has a perfectly fine 47K seat FOOTBALL stadium 6 miles away and there is another 57K seat professional FOOTBALL stadium 3 miles from where they are playing.

If you cannot sell your game as a game, then you are in trouble. Its the BIG 10!! It is an in-state rival with 100s of K alumni in your metro area!! And you have to do this to draw attention. Time to consider going the way of U of Chicago.

Promo guy to SEC/ACC/Big 12 office: "Hey, we are going to play a home game on a football field wedged weirdly in Turner Field/Camden Yard/Minute Maid Park."

League office: "No, you're not."

Really that simple. Heck, CUSA or even the "Big" East wouldn't have let this go on.

Gimmick deal worthy of something you would see in MLS, a Class A baseball team, the WAC or I-AA. Northwestern has a perfectly fine 47K seat FOOTBALL stadium 6 miles away and there is another 57K seat professional FOOTBALL stadium 3 miles from where they are playing.

If you cannot sell your game as a game, then you are in trouble. Its the BIG 10!! It is an in-state rival with 100s of K alumni in your metro area!! And you have to do this to draw attention. Time to consider going the way of U of Chicago.

Promo guy to SEC/ACC/Big 12 office: "Hey, we are going to play a home game on a football field wedged weirdly in Turner Field/Camden Yard/Minute Maid Park."

Really that simple. Heck, CUSA or even the "Big" East wouldn't have let this go on.

excellent point!

Agreed. Totally stupid. Soldier Field would have been perfect for it. Wrigley is not designed for football. Just because you can put a hockey arena in it, does not mean you can put a football field in. Morons.

Agreed. Totally stupid. Soldier Field would have been perfect for it. Wrigley is not designed for football. Just because you can put a hockey arena in it, does not mean you can put a football field in. Morons.

Since the Bears left in 1970(& even when they played there it wasn't an ideal place to play football) & with all of the recent renovations to add more fans for baseball,it doesn't lend towards a regulation field for football. They still have to worry about going into the dugout,I wonder how they padded THAT up?
Next stop for a football game.....FENWAY PARK.

Since the Bears left in 1970(& even when they played there it wasn't an ideal place to play football) & with all of the recent renovations to add more fans for baseball,it doesn't lend towards a regulation field for football. They still have to worry about going into the dugout,I wonder how they padded THAT up?
Next stop for a football game.....FENWAY PARK.
The AFL Boston Patriots played there in the 60's. Doesn't look like there was a problem back then....

2520274266_0a8b45f0de_b.jpg

Actually, I would not doubt that someone might think about playing a game in Camden Yard.
Your missing the WHOLE picture here, I think it's more about playing at a Historic place than the teams wanting to draw attention.
I have NO Problem with them playing there, they are slated to have a football game at Yankee Stadium sometime also, same difference.

The field should have been laid out better I agree, they had plenty of time to figure it out, they did n'y just decide to play there last week. ....

Your missing the WHOLE picture here, I think it's more about playing at a Historic place

I hear that Penn State is going to play Maryland next year in the Rotunda of the US Capitol.

An inappropriate and dangerous place to play, especially contrasted to the four 40K+ seat football appropriate stadiums within 30 minutes of there, but OH, so historic.

I hear that Penn State is going to play Maryland next year in the Rotunda of the US Capitol.

An inappropriate and dangerous place to play, especially contrasted to the four 40K+ seat football appropriate stadiums within 30 minutes of there, but OH, so historic.

That's just moronic......

You know he meant historical football sites.

They did this for nostalgic reasons. I think they were the last 2 teams to play a college game there.

Another Irish Scandal

Minnesota fires Brad Childress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts