This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Raining....loss of dish signal

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
Its cloudy, raining here. My signal is only in the 40's for 110 and 119 and in the mid 50's on 129. The dish is a 1000.2 Does this seem to be low or does it seem to be an average signal strength when its cloudy? The tv keeps cutting in and out, I have never had this issue before I got my 722.
Thanks!

First yes your signal is low, check it when it is not rainng first, then report back specifically for transponders 15,16,17,18 on each of the three satellites. Cutting in and out can also be bad connectors. Did the installer replace the wall plate barrel? it should be blue/red now. Did he/she also replace any other cabling and ensure there are no other barrels/ground blocks that are not properly rated? Let us know

Its a clear, blue sky day....not a cloud in sight. My sight to the south is a clear feild, no barriers in the way.

110 - 15 = 62
110 - 16 = 64
110 - 17 = 52
110 - 18 = 51

119 - 15 = 57
119 - 16 = 64
119 - 17 = 57
119 - 18 = 59

129 - 15 = 48
129 - 16 = 49
129 - 17 = 50
129 - 18 = 53

There is no wall plate, the cable comes in under the floor, its one solid run from the tv to the grounding block and then one run to the dish, it was all new. I do have OTA running to the tv but its a seperate run as well.

I was just wondering if I could improve them so I dont lose signal on the rainy days....if it stays like this I am going to ditch dish......even on a light shower it cuts in and out.

We do not suffer rain fade around here unless there is a tremendous downpour in our LOS. 50-60 looks pretty decent, and I don't see why a little rain would be bothering you at all.

What precisely does "cutting in and out" mean? Does the picture pixellate and then do you see a popup window stating that the satellite signal has been lost? Are you watching via the HDMI connection?

OTA

This may be another case of the OTA channels dropping out and giving the sat lose of signal warning. It this is the problem then you need to find out which local OTA channel is cutting out and either get better ant or delete the channel. Your sat signal levels look fine.

we were getting a blue menu that says satellite signal was lost, then it goes through the 5-6 step (dont remember how many) to reset the connection. Was not watching OTA, we were attempting to watch a movie. I had also set the DVR to record another program, which when we went to play it back gave a warning that parts of the program were lost due to satellite signal being lost.

switch or lnb

This is sounding like you have either a switch going bad or a LNB becoming intermittent.