Receiving HD Signals Out of Area?

K

Kwinn4859

Jan 14, 2010
New England
Does anyone know how far the spotbeam for the Boston high-def locals and sports networks (NESN, Comcast NE) reaches? I currently have equipment that receives the Boston SD channels and am considering switching to HD. I sometimes bring my equipment to my winter/ski cabin which is near Syracuse, NY and want to know if I would pickup the HD stations there. Currently the SD channels work at the cabin. Thanks.

L

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
I believe the 61.5 maps are based on the original Rainbow filing. E* reoriented the satellite after acquisition and all beams shifted somewhat NE as I recall. Nelson61 and Digi would know for sure. The best bet is to just tune to the transponder of interest and to see what kind of SS if any you get.

K

Kwinn4859

Jan 14, 2010
New England
Thank you very much for your responses! Would you be able to tell me what the transponder I should test out is?

B

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
Thank you very much for your responses! Would you be able to tell me what the transponder I should test out is?
NBC,CBS,ABC and FOX for Boston's HD channels are on 61.5 and transponder #5.

P

patsfan72

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 21, 2008
western mass
i used to get buffalo channels in springfield ma for a while,so maybe it would work in reverse.