Shaw Install

Bob5519

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Ohio
Last Saturday I bolted a 2 inch od pole over my old 1 5/8 pole. Mounted a 75e dish. The dish had the old beer can lnbfs. Used an Acutrak Pro 22 meter. Did not have a Shaw receiver at that time, so was doing this half blind. Initially had 35 signal level on the sat 107 lnbf. Connected the second port of the meter and had 30 signal level on the 107 sat lnbf. Followed those signals and peaked to 75 on the 107 sat lnbf and 70 on the 111 sat lnbf. Had wind gusts of 45mph this week. Received the DSR605 receiver and quad lnbf yesterday. Installed the quad and receiver. The receiver first showed no signal, red dot on the display. The receiver reset itself a few times on the tune sat signal screen. Would not stay on the screen for more than a few seconds. Finally did a soft reset. Then the red dot(unlocked) was off. There is no green dot(locked) on the 605. Had a signal reading on the DSR605 between 78 and 80 on channel 299. The ebno was between 9.2db and 9.4db. Just happy I don't have to take more time to find the sats and the pole bolted over pole with the 75e held up under 45mph wind gusts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)