This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

When will Dish first line CSRs be given the power to do anything???

Ray_Clum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I called Dish a couple of days ago because I have bought a 2nd HDTV (to go into the bedroom) and wanted a HD receiver.

As a bit of info for what follows - I've had at&t|Dish now for at least 3 years. I started out with a 522 and upgraded to a 722 - I only have 1 receiver currently. I also sub to AT250DVR Advantage, HD Gold, HD Platinum, HBO & Starz.

I called Dish and the CSR (American) said that since I've recently (Jan 08) received a DIU Upgrade to a 722, I was uneligible for anything. I could buy a receiver at MSRP if I so chose. I said, "so you're telling me I need to go to Cable or DirecTV then?" She said, "No, you have the option of buying a 2nd receiver." I responded, "No, that is not an option, so you're telling me to go to Cable or DirecTV." At which point in time, she brought in her manager, who clicked a couple of buttons and gave me the option of a ViP222 or 612 for $50. He tried to give me a contract, but I'm an older at&t|Dish customer who aren't subject to contracts. I went for the 612, my install is on the 10th (I'm off that day) and will be upgrading to AEP to knock out the 2nd DVR fee. I spent 3-5 minutes on the phone with the supervisor and 10+ with the first line CSR. I just don't understand it...

They already have more abilities than they have common sense to use properly. Giving them more would be ... I can't think of a better term than completely retarded.

The vast majority of CSRs don't last a year if you hadn't heard the buzz. You don't give someone with a longevity of less than a year the ability to make gross alterations to a company's bottom line (which they do anyways........). A single CSR couldn't, but if you give all of them, or even a group of them such authority... No.

Ah, you will make it, 15 mins total to get what you wanted. Besides, we all know that that the second person it the one that you want to talk too. That 15 mins on the phone saved you $350 and you got away without a contract, I would not worry about it.

ya wouldnt want to give the wendys drive-up window clerk authority to sign bank checks would ya?

First and most of all they need to speak and understand English!!!