MLB 2024 Season

Astros after an 0-4 start to the Season ...
Game 5 they started a Reliever, Ronel Blonco and he threw a No Hitter Gave up 2 walks, 1 in the First inning and 1 in the ninth inning, to the Same person, Former Astro George Springer ...

Heres hoping the Astros get some Positive momentum going soon.

They lost 4 to open the season, the next night they get a No Hitter, then they get beat, then last night, they get a 1 hit performance ... and a blow out win .... Sheeesh .

And were still in the first few weeks of the Season ..

Astros after an 0-4 start to the Season ...
Game 5 they started a Reliever, Ronel Blonco and he threw a No Hitter Gave up 2 walks, 1 in the First inning and 1 in the ninth inning, to the Same person, Former Astro George Springer ...

Tonight was Blonco's 2nd start of the year, He backed the No Hitter up with 5 2/3rd innings of No Hit ball again, gave up a hit, got the last out of the 6th and handed it off to the bullpen !

Tonight was against a Red Hot Texas Ranger team.

15 innings to start the season, 1 hit ... :shh

436229480_930639502399434_1662067242629209403_n.jpg

Can’t be any worse than the human counterparts.
I found it interesting that the Robot Ump, appears to register the ball over the Middle of the plate, depth wise, which means the strike zone is Not the same ... the width of the plate, plus the depth is your current plate ... the Ump doesn't see that .... bet theres gonna be PLENTY of arguments once that gets started.

I found it interesting that the Robot Ump, appears to register the ball over the Middle of the plate, depth wise, which means the strike zone is Not the same ... the width of the plate, plus the depth is your current plate ... the Ump doesn't see that .... bet theres gonna be PLENTY of arguments once that gets started.
The strike zone is anywhere the ball crosses the plate. So a back door pitch is a strike if it clips the plate at the end.

The strike zone is anywhere the ball crosses the plate. So a back door pitch is a strike if it clips the plate at the end.
Correct ...
However, in the article the Robot Ump doesn't call it that way, it sounds like it only sees one plane at 8 1/2 inches depth, half way to the back of the plate ...
Where as a Real Ump would call it a strike anywhere in the plate .... depth wise .

NCAA Softball

Bill Walton R.I.P.