0 for 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

feverjunk

Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
First time post on the this board. Everyone here seems pretty nice compared to other boards I've been on to.
I need to vent! I had an install that had to be Rescheduled because I wanted a pole mount and the installer didn't have any on him. I was told when I made my appointment I had to tell d* that I wanted a pole mount. Fine so be it. I was OK with that. That was my bad. Or was it? Rescheduled.
Ahhh so today was going to be my day were I get all my HD goodness. Had A time frame 8am to 12....at 2pm I still didn't hear from them. No phone call...nothing. So I called and the local office told me that they were over booked and would not show up today. Glad I took off from work.
I really hope all those HD channels are going to be worth it. I know its not all D* its the contractors, but come on, this shouldn't happen.
Oh and round 3 isn't until 10/13. I can't take off anymore days from work and thats the best they can do!

Sorry to hear that... I agree, that is crap (for lack of a better term).

I've only had techs out twice, but so far so good in terms of being on time...

First time post on the this board. Everyone here seems pretty nice compared to other boards I've been on to.
I need to vent! I had an install that had to be Rescheduled because I wanted a pole mount and the installer didn't have any on him. I was told when I made my appointment I had to tell d* that I wanted a pole mount. Fine so be it. I was OK with that. That was my bad. Or was it? Rescheduled.
Ahhh so today was going to be my day were I get all my HD goodness. Had A time frame 8am to 12....at 2pm I still didn't hear from them. No phone call...nothing. So I called and the local office told me that they were over booked and would not show up today. Glad I took off from work.
I really hope all those HD channels are going to be worth it. I know its not all D* its the contractors, but come on, this shouldn't happen.
Oh and round 3 isn't until 10/13. I can't take off anymore days from work and thats the best they can do!

Call D* and let them know about the missed install. They should give you some credits, either programming or money.

Ask to speak to the Retention department. Be polite and they will take care of you. That happened to me and they took care of me. Good luck and it is worth the wait.

Fever,

The fact that they failed to call you was inexcusable, and I certainly understand your frustration with the two appointments and no install.

I'm going to play devils advocate here, and would like to take a moment to point out to everyone something that may be overlooked.

Techs are routinely overbooked by D* and the HSP's for a variety of reasons. Recently (as in the past month), this has become more noticeable. Before the new sat lit off, I was routinely scheduled to do 9-10 hours of work in two 4 hour appointment windows. Now that the new HD is on line, I am routinely scheduled 11-13 hours of work per day to complete in the same two appointment windows.

The reason for this is because D* is now getting tons of people calling in to sign up or upgrade their equipment all at the same time. Also take into consideration that Sept./Oct. are some of the busiest months for D* installs due to the NFL Sunday Ticket deals. In an effort to give you the soonest appointment time that meets your needs, D*/HSP's overbook the techs and hope like hell that somebody cancels or reschedules. If not, they blame the tech for not getting the work done on time.

Personally, I forsee this to be a problem for the next two months or so - provided D* doesn't run short of equipment (receivers and dishes).

I see your point. With them being overbooked. I did call them and they did give me a $100 credit.
I know its not the end of the world and its only TV, but it still stinks.

Retentions can make a lot of things happen that regular CSRs can't. Such as get your install done sooner ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.