10/11 KOLN/KGIN and 8 KLKN are just a yellow slate

sjvirchow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Two local channels in the Lincoln NE market, 10 KOLN/KGIN and 8 KLKN are all yellow. No Audio, No video. Both on SD and HD. Both are off of the 110° West satellite, spotbeam 27.

Only these two channels, other channels work fine.

. IMG_20120629_223456.jpg

Channels 10 KOLN/KGIN and 8 KLKN are still yellow with no sound or picture as of the time I posted this on Saturday morning, 6/30/2012.
Others are okay.

This happens every so often on the nyc locals late at night. Have spoke to dish many times about it but it still happens.

There are only two channels out of Lincoln. The rest for that DMA come out of central Nebraska. The channels are working over the air. A good reason to add the over the air tunner option to the hopper

Looks like there was a fiber outage in York. Despite the rather large array of dish's outside, they uplink the programming in York by way of fiber. All other stations, except for PBS uplink in Hastings.

Channels 8 and 10 transmit from between York and Seward, and the signals can be weak enough in Hastings (uplink site) that sometimes they can't be reliably received OTA. This has been a common issue with channel 8 on both satellite providers in past summers, resulting in viewers in Lincoln needing to watch ABC on Kearney's channel 13 instead due to it having a more solid signal on Dish. For CBS, I don't know why Dish doesn't uplink channel 11 instead as it's identical to channel 10 but from a tower closer to Hastings. In Nebraska, I believe DISH uses OTA signals rather than fiber feeds. The vast size of the Lincoln market makes it a tough one for anything relying on OTA.

Signals in the area have been unstable for a week or so due to atmospheric instability. Local channels end up with lower range than usual while distant OTA signals start popping up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)