105 SuperDISH Installation Help

Unkle77

Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
I typically install just D500 systems. Just recently we've had some inquiries to do SuperDISH installs in a new local market supported by the 105 satellite. My first upgrade went pretty smoothly as I had well over 100 on 110/119 and right about 58 to 60 on 105. The customer is happy and does not have any issues. Their equipment: Type 1 SD, DP 34, Dish 811, DP 508, DP 510. The only issue I had with this install was when I peaked the dish on 119 the only receiver that even saw a glimmer of signal on 105 was the 811. If I had not had the 811 I don't know if I ever would have peaked the dish. After peaking on the 811 the 508 and 510 worked fine.

So now to my current install. I performed a 105 install on Saturday for a brand new customer with a 322. Again I have screaming signal on 110/119, but this time I'm showing absolutely nothing on 105. I've tried moving it slowly but have had no luck. I've tried it connected to both Port 1 and Port 3 of the DP 34. At this time I have not tried switching out the LNBF or the DP 34 (because I figure I'm just not aimed at the 105). Fortunately I'm related to the customer and they have been extremely patient. I will not be able to make it back to the install site until tomorrow or Thursday at the earliest.

Can I get some advice on what all I need to double check? Any other tips/tricks I could try?

FYI - I also posted this at dbstalk.com

The x22 rec's are very picky. I've found that as little as 1/16 is all or nothing to find 105. Also peak on 110 after finding 119. This will help find 105.

I bought an Acutrac 22 Pro from Perfect 10 and hooked up one side of the meter to 119 and the other to 105. After a little bit of playing around with the azimuth and elevation I finally got it, but it still wasn't showing on the screen. I had to switch 105 to port 1 on the DP34 and leave it there for it to work. I did a second SuperDISH install over the weekend and got it tuned in really quick with my new meter. It saved me several hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)