1080 Bc

update:
1) they fail. Still no 10,000BC in 1080p
2) I've reconnected everything
3) left a VM for my contact
4) uploaded the logs to Dish.

Waiting for Monday, and what the next step is.

I just talked to my contact, and he's working with the Engineers. Supposedly they are looking at the logs I uploaded to them on Saturday.

We'll see what they come back with later today (I hope...).

I just talked to my contact, and he's working with the Engineers. Supposedly they are looking at the logs I uploaded to them on Saturday.

We'll see what they come back with later today (I hope...).

If it is any consolation, I have had L613 for like a week and as of last night still did not have 10,000BC in 1080P (no timers planned between 11pm and 9am). I did get IAL in 1080P like 3 days before it ended, and my monitor passed the test, so I do not think it is related. I am just amazed at how haphazardly stuff like this is rolled out. If I actually cared to see 10,000BC, I might be a bit more upset, however, I have true Blu-Ray quality through Net Flix, so I am not too upset. Now if Dish started running movies before they are released on Blu, that might change my tune a bit....hint, hint, hint Charlie, this would be a good way to drive business, and then have a pre-order for the movie at the end........

ETA- Got home from work today and 10,000BC in 1080P is now a choice on my 622.

Last edited:
My contact is as confused as all of us as to why the receiver(s) aren't picking it up.

They are reading this and the other threads about it as well as working with me personally.

Thanks for the feedback as well.

One of my 722s have it (10,000BC), but the other 722 does not have it. The funny thing is that the one that does have it is connected to the Sony 52" 1080p that did NOT pass the test with IAL.

I think it was the other way around last time (the one that does pass the test got IAL before the other one). I don't have any timers set. Not sure why they both wouldn't just pick it up simultaneously.

Mine changed over the weekend. Still no 1080P since IAL, but I went from dozen or so VOD, to only two listed with actually programming with the rest as an empty VOD. Then yesterday I noticed only those two were left in the list on 501 and the empty ones were gone.

-Mike

Two weeks ago I tried the 1080P test and failed several times. The other day I disconnected from AV receiver and went straight into my 1080P projector. It took about 5 times to finally pass the test. When I finally got "10,000 BC" , the video would drop in and out constantly - but not the audio. I called DISH tech service - they logged it as a corrupt file and they were going to reimburse my account.

Anybody else have this problem with video dropout?

Still no definitive answers. They had me upload logs (again).

They don't have an answer, and think that software in development will fix it, but no details.

I did tell them that they could use me as a guinea pig for new SW, so far they haven't done that yet.

Waiting till tomorrow.
LER

I followed Huntress's advice in another thread and disabled dishcomm on my 622 and 722. And overnight I got TWO CH501 HD VOD's!

So LER you can tell your contact, that dishcomm is definately interfering with it. I don't have a 1080p movie, but I finally got something.

Huntress did the same thing, disabled dishcomm and it worked on her equipment overnight. Then I did it and it worked the same.

Thing is, I can't leave dishcomm disabled all the time, because my 622 has no phone line nearby.

Yep, just talked with my contact, and the theory is that it is DishComm. They have a new release of software in testing, and it MIGHT come out next week.

I'm out of town all next week, as is my contact.

We'll sync up again on 9/22.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)