1080p question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zellio2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
WHEN ARE 1080p movies arriving? I've already got 1080p set and nothing to watch :rolleyes:

Have you watched the ones on DirecTV VOD?
Is there an easy way to tell if the ones on VOD are 1080P? I went through the list last night and didn't see any indication so I was wondering if you need to press info to find out. Can you tell me the name of one program with 1080P so I can download it and find out what all the hype is about? :)

If you have a internet connection and your VOD is working go to channel 1080 and you will see the 1080P test movies they have for VOD. They are in 1080P/24 so if your TV only supperts 1080P/30 or /60 they will not work but it is worth a try, they will play 1080i. On the front of the DVR the 720 and 1080 lights are on at the same time to show 1080P.

Channel 1080 was a test channel and has been gone for the past week or so. Supposedly some of the Showtime movies VOD movies are 1080p but the listing doesn't show any of them as such.

Just downloaded Crank in 1080p, picture quality is fantastic but the picture jerks constantly with movement and pans of scenes. Anyone know why or have this problem with 1080p? Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Just downloaded Crank in 1080p, picture quality is fantastic but the picture jerks constantly with movement and pans of scenes. Anyone know why or have this problem with 1080p? Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Im downloading crank now and its not in 1080P according to the listing.

EDIt: it shows up as 1080P, but as Panard says but is very jerky. D* you need to add the 1080P logo's to all movies that are 1080P

Im downloading crank now and its not in 1080P according to the listing.

EDIt: it shows up as 1080P, but as Panard says but is very jerky. D* you need to add the 1080P logo's to all movies that are 1080P

So, it's jerky on your set too? I wonder why, I have no BD player so I have nothing to compare this to being my first 1080p experience. Broadcast 1080i is smooth as silk on my Samsung 650.

1080p

Mine took just fine. But when i watch a program it has a hint of snow to it or grain not bad but 1080i looks better

Mine took just fine. But when i watch a program it has a hint of snow to it or grain not bad but 1080i looks better

The still shots look fantastic until they move then the picture is jerky and it shows a lot of grain in the more gray areas of the picture kind of like swirling around until the picture is still again, can't really explain it but it looks very strange to me. You're right, 1080i looks a lot better. The thing is, this can't be normal and I wonder if it's the way the DVR plays back the 1080P content, maybe it needs some more software work to make the picture look correct. I'm using an external HD but I doubt this has anything to do with it.
Edit.. Also, the sound is way off to the point of being very annoying.

I'm having the same issues with Showtime - on demand. Two movies so far doing the same thing. The 2 lights come on to indicate 1080p. The bottom 1/5th of the screen is doing a dance out of synch with the rest of the screen. Looks fine as 1080i.

DirecTV 1080P works great with Philips 52PFL7403D/F7

[glow="red,2,300"] I am really enjoying our new Philips 52PFL7403D/F7 which works great with our DirecTV HR21-100 in 1080P VOD![/glow]

YEAH! If you dont, we wont know if we are getting better PQ or not!!! :D

Honest question, can you guys tell a difference in the 1080p programming versus what they normally offer on PPV? I assume most of you are asking what is in 1080p because you dont want to spend the time downloading something that isnt? Just curious

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Extended Warranty-5.99

ESPN Full Court

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts