15 dollars OFF a month for 12 months deal.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I was noticing on Dishes site they have an offer of 15 dollars off a month (with committement)but everytime I try to go and find out more information ,its says for new customers only.Anyone who is a long time Dish sibscriber able to get this deal.The committement is no problem as I am very happy with Dish,only the prices are getting a bit too high on some packages.I simply want all the available HD channels(non premium)without having to pay close too 100 a month.

I recently got $10 off per month for 12 mo. I also traded in a 322 for a 222k for no cost. Plus HBO and SHO for 3 mo. All that for a 2 year contract. And I still have Cenimax even though my year ended in Dec.

I had to talk to the retentions department, even though I wasn't going to cancel.

We are doing a lot of upgrades right now for Dish and part of the promo is just as mentioned above. The only thing is that in order to get the $10 for 12 motnhs you need to ask for the loyalty team and make a little noise.

Loyalty team, that's what it's called.

I just asked to be transferred to retentions. I never once said I would cancel. The CSR was a douche. When I talked to the loyalty dept they never mentioned that I wanted to cancel they just started saying we'll give you this and that and there you go... I didn't even ask for $10 off or hbo and sho. They just gave it to me. I only wanted them to ship my 222k replacement. They ended up sending a tech to my house the very next morning for free too.

I got the $15 a month off when I upgraded from Absolute. I did threaten to cancel and would have if they didn't give it to me. I really wanted Fox News.

They tried to put me in Turbo Silver and I had to convince the guy that Fox News was not a part of that. I had to push to get Silver with HD added.

It never hurts to ask. All they can do is say "no."

Some inspiration here. I need to cut costs in 2010 (everything except my salary is going up including taxes). I don't want extra perks like additional programming. I already get more than I can ever hope to take advantage of. I just want a price reduction, for a 12+ year loyal customer! Call it a "bailout" or whatever. Just show me the money...!

Some inspiration here. I need to cut costs in 2010 (everything except my salary is going up including taxes). I don't want extra perks like additional programming. I already get more than I can ever hope to take advantage of. I just want a price reduction, for a 12+ year loyal customer! Call it a "bailout" or whatever. Just show me the money...!

The phrase I have used to get what I want is "I'll call you back when I have Direct TV scheduled".

I got the $15 a month off when I upgraded from Absolute. I did threaten to cancel and would have if they didn't give it to me. I really wanted Fox News.

They tried to put me in Turbo Silver and I had to convince the guy that Fox News was not a part of that. I had to push to get Silver with HD added.

It never hurts to ask. All they can do is say "no."
Hey if u don't mind me askin, that package Silver w/HD added, what HD channels "DON'T U GET"? Also how much a month?
I have HD Absolute, but want my RSN's back but don't want to pay to much and get the most HD @ the same time.
TIA

Any similar deals for International Channels? My friend wants to get some but waiting for some deal with Dish like 3 months free for example with commitment.

I just talked to a rep and was offered $5 off for 5 months on the classic gold w/ hd($62.99 +$10 for HD - $5 a month = $67.99)
Then it gets interesting.
$10 for rental
$10 for protection
$11 for dvr
$107.99 + taxes so figure $115-$120 total. :mad:
WTF!!!!
I guess I will stay with my hd absolute for now.

I just talked to a rep and was offered $5 off for 5 months on the classic gold w/ hd($62.99 +$10 for HD - $5 a month = $67.99)
Then it gets interesting.
$10 for rental
$10 for protection
$11 for dvr
$107.99 + taxes so figure $115-$120 total. :mad:
WTF!!!!
I guess I will stay with my hd absolute for now.

This question is for anybody. I did the "ask for $10 off a month" deal and also the free hbo/cinamax for 3 months deal as well several months ago and got it all. Now I'm wondering if when the 3 months runs out, does it end or do they automatically start charging without warning. I'm on auto pay so it could be happening and I not know it. Thanks, cwk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)