2.01 More Audio Sync issues

jgray127

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
One thing I've noticed with the 2.01 software is that I see more audio sync problems than ever before. It is really bad when both tuners are recording and I'm watching a recorded show. I've also had it happen quite frequently when ONLY TV1 was in use with nothing else being recorded. The only way I've been able to "fix" it and regain sync is to exit the recorded show to live TV, and then go back to the show.

Anyone else having worse audio sync problems?

I only used my 522 for a day before the 201 update. However, it seems like the Audio is very frequently having an issue with little bleeps and pauses, etc. It's annoying at worst. My guess is that it does have something to do with recording and/or playing back 2 shows at the same time since there are two tuners accessing the hard drive. Just a guess, hope it gets fixed because it's ANNOYING.

I had my system installed today and the first show I recorded lost sync with 5-6 minutes to go and it was the only thing running while playing AND recording...Not impressed so far...

I am getting Audio and Video problems now!
Never really had any before this last update.

Now three times in two days, the audio quits while watching live TV on tuner one. Tuner two off. Only way to get sound back it to power off then on or pause then play.

Recordings now have audio sync issues with numerous cracks/pops/beeps, and the video will stutter at random times for 20 - 60 seconds before clearing up...

Can we roll back software updates?? Where is the system restore button??
(I wish!)

I've seen the video stutter but I thought it was a broadcast problem (came with some nasty sounds too). This happened twice during SG1, the second time was close to the end and the soundtrack was critical. It was kind of cool because I switched to live TV and was about 2 minutes behind where I was watching (encore presentation 2 hours later). I then recorded the encore presentation of Atlantis but the already recorded Atlantis didn't have any problems. If you had the same problem during SG1 (or maybe it was between 9 and 10 Friday night) it might have been a broadcast error or maybe a satellite error since I haven't seen it since.

(I have seen misc pops and audio skips of like 1-2 seconds but pretty rarely)

I noticed a lot of tiling last weekend. I didn't get the end of one of the programs I recorded. While watching I got a message saying part of the program was lost due to loss of signal. I assume this was because of transmission problems and has nothing to do with the 522 itself.

All you have to do is skip back 8 seconds a couple of times. Then, a couple of times again and it should play as normal. But, this mostly occurs when 2 things are recording and you're watching an already recorded event. It's annoying, but it DOESN'T happen when only one thing is recording (or nothing) and you're playing something back.

cheezwiz said:
Now three times in two days, the audio quits while watching live TV on tuner one. Tuner two off. Only way to get sound back it to power off then on or pause then play.

I have that problem too, however, I have been able to fix it by switching the channel and then switching it back. I am also having the sound synching problem. It all started after the software update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)