2/18/2009 1:52pm - Uplink Activity Report - 71 changes

SO - I'm still not getting the New Orleans locals in HD - though I am subscribed to the SD locals.

I do get them OTA, but the guide info has always been wrong for some channels, thus causing me to have to record some in SD in order to get consistent recordings. I was hoping the digital switchover would help to straighten out the guide problems.

Any ideas why the HD locals aren't showing up in my guide? I have deleted & re-scanned locals & it did not help.
i am in the New orleans dma and i got mine automatically.If you arent getting them after checking your local hd/sd menu set up,like laddyboy said, click Channel Display. If SD only is checked, change to HD Priority or HD and SD.I changed mine to hd priority,
If still not getting them. Unplug the box for 2 mins and see if you get them.If not, you will have to call.

I read that you were doing that -- I have every intention of putting up an OTA. I live near the University. What antenna do I need?
i have a cm4228 with a cm7777 amplifier about 17 feet in the air.
The way i have it mounted is 20 feet of pole about 3 feet in the ground.It is attached to my brick column with some stud mounts that they sell @ Lowes for 19cents. I then have regular antenna u clamps. I leave the antenna aimed to baton rouge for their channels. However when i need the New orleans locals, i just loosen the 4 nuts and turn the pole towards New orleans. i will try to put up a pic later. I am not far from you, off of Randall road .
Click this link to see the pictures
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=50005427&albumId=3058054

Last edited:
SO - I'm still not getting the New Orleans locals in HD - though I am subscribed to the SD locals.

I do get them OTA, but the guide info has always been wrong for some channels, thus causing me to have to record some in SD in order to get consistent recordings. I was hoping the digital switchover would help to straighten out the guide problems.

Any ideas why the HD locals aren't showing up in my guide? I have deleted & re-scanned locals & it did not help.

Are you pointed at 129 or 61.5?

Ok - I called Dish. I am currently getting 61.5, 110, 119, & 121.

They have somone coming out tomorrow to set up 129. In the process of checking everything they turned off my locals, and now won't turn them back on until the tech comes out tomorrow because "adding" locals is what generates the work order.

So much for my timers tonight...... My OTA locals are all just showing up as "digital service" in the EPG.

They wanted to charge me $59 for "adding" locals, but I refused beacuse locals have been on my account for 8 years, and HD has been on my account for 4 years.

They finally figured it out & waived the charge. We'll see what happens at the end of the install when they go to activate.....

Ok - I called Dish. I am currently getting 61.5, 110, 119, & 121.

They have somone coming out tomorrow to set up 129. In the process of checking everything they turned off my locals, and now won't turn them back on until the tech comes out tomorrow because "adding" locals is what generates the work order.

So much for my timers tonight...... My OTA locals are all just showing up as "digital service" in the EPG.

They wanted to charge me $59 for "adding" locals, but I refused beacuse locals have been on my account for 8 years, and HD has been on my account for 4 years.

They finally figured it out & waived the charge. We'll see what happens at the end of the install when they go to activate.....

Some of the CSRs can't do the locals thing without removing your locals...but some of them know how to do it without cutting off your locals. Sounds like you have the old Superdish for when they had the N.O. locals on 121. Depending on the tech they might swap the superdish for a Dish1000 or put a retro kit on the superdish and take down 61.5.

I didnt ask that cause i figured he was at 129, with the uplink report info.
Digi saves the day:up

Not a problem. When he said he had SD's but no HD's I figured it was no 129. Wouldn't have guessed he had a SuperDish with 61.5 though. I thought maybe he might have had a LOS issue with 129 and the tech put up a 61.5 instead.

I am still amazed that people do not know they can hook up an antenna to their 722 and get HD locals. A friend was watching SD locals and actually had a little amplified antenna behind his TV cabinet from several years ago. He was smiling from ear to ear when I hooked it up.

How totally underwhelming that they add Toledo, Dayton and Athens Ohio. Add all 3 metro areas together and they're less than half the Columbus metro, but no HD locals for Columbus.
Genius!

Yeah! C-SPAN comes to 119W (9404 for HD Absolute), finally I can watch those endless hours of an empty congress with the lights on!

How totally underwhelming that they add Toledo, Dayton and Athens Ohio. Add all 3 metro areas together and they're less than half the Columbus metro, but no HD locals for Columbus.
Oh, I didn't realize that Dish adds HD locals based on population.... Wait a minute, they don't ! :rolleyes:

I am still amazed that people do not know they can hook up an antenna to their 722 and get HD locals. A friend was watching SD locals and actually had a little amplified antenna behind his TV cabinet from several years ago. He was smiling from ear to ear when I hooked it up.

DISH should make an ota antenna install standard on all hd dvr installs. Then they could charge for the antenna and it would encourage subs to take hd locals to get the ota guide information as well. THis would be really great in areas that don't get locals. They could charge an ota local guide data fee of 5.00 just like the hd locals and they should upload all ota guide data for those ota locals like they did for the cities that they carry. THat way DISH could make money on everyone and everyone could have their locals and guide data now. THis would be a great option for those with the 722k when it comes out, since it has 2ota tuners.

I think that most subs are clueless about the external hard drives that they could add to expand their hard drives. Also many know nothing about the ota ability to record up to 3 shows at a time. DISH should add more infomercials and down load them to the dvrs ,so that they could educate their subs. THey could also add them to the 101 channel.