2008 NFL Playoff Thread

I guess winning their last 9 games of the season and making the playoffs easily, and in doing so became the only NFL team in history to win at least 12 games in 6 concecutive seasons, doesn't seem to faze our little talk show host wannabe here, but that is not surprising...there seems to be a lot of things that don't register with him!!!..

I too am thinking that the Colts may be the ones that people should look out for, they have turned things around quite nicely...
Is Bob Sanders still healthy ?
Hows Dwight Freeney ?

Jimbo

Both Sanders and Freeney will be good to go in San Diego!!!...:cool:

GO COLTS!!!...:up

I guess winning their last 9 games of the season and making the playoffs easily, and in doing so became the only NFL team in history to win at least 12 games in 6 concecutive seasons, doesn't seem to faze our little talk show host wannabe here, but that is not surprising...there seems to be a lot of things that don't register with him!!!..

Both Sanders and Freeney will be good to go in San Diego!!!...:cool:

GO COLTS!!!...:up
Colts will lose to the Bolts, as they did TWO TIMES last year.

I guess winning their last 9 games of the season and making the playoffs easily, and in doing so became the only NFL team in history to win at least 12 games in 6 concecutive seasons, doesn't seem to faze our little talk show host wannabe here

You making fun of me?!

My predictions:

Indy squeezes by SD
ATL crushes Arizona
Baltimore beats MIA in a close game
MIN beats PHI in a very close upset victory.

It would not surprise me if all 4 road teams win on Wild Card Weekend. I haven't officially picked a Super Bowl and Super Bowl Champion but I think Atlanta is a dangerous team. Hats off, to the coach and qb. I mean low expectations because of the Vick thing and they are 11-5. Unbelievable.

Atlanta is good, and that is no surprise considering (AP 2008 Rookie of the Year) Matt Ryan was that good in BC; however, with that being said, with the playoff atmosphere and being on the road, I do not see Atlanta winning in Arizona. As a Giants fan, I would love to see it, but I think it is good for the Atlanta franchise and Ryan to start getting their playoff feet wet; no reason to frown if the lose!

Atlanta is good, and that is no surprise considering (AP 2008 Rookie of the Year) Matt Ryan was that good in BC; however, with that being said, with the playoff atmosphere and being on the road, I do not see Atlanta winning in Arizona. As a Giants fan, I would love to see it, but I think it is good for the Atlanta franchise and Ryan to start getting their playoff feet wet; no reason to frown if the lose!

I think they will WIN (Atlanta) and the reason is, Atlanta has always had a very good/ great Offensive line ... They always have a top running team and this is a HUGE reason why Ryan has done so well this year.
No, I'm not taking anything away from him, he has played great this year, but he's also had a lot of help ...
It's actually easier for Atlanta to play with Ryan than it was with Vick.
With Vick, the O line never knew where Vick would be,always running around, with Ryan, at least they know he'll be in the pocket till he has to scramble.

Jimbo

I think they will WIN (Atlanta) and the reason is, Atlanta has always had a very good/ great Offensive line ... They always have a top running team and this is a HUGE reason why Ryan has done so well this year.
No, I'm not taking anything away from him, he has played great this year, but he's also had a lot of help ...
It's actually easier for Atlanta to play with Ryan than it was with Vick.
With Vick, the O line never knew where Vick would be,always running around, with Ryan, at least they know he'll be in the pocket till he has to scramble.

Jimbo

When you can complete passes, I've heard that can hurt a defense also.:D

I'm surprised by the vikings might be blacked out. I thought the vikings had a solid fan base. I'm surprised by the Cardinals too. People say it's the economy but look at Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Atlanta etc. They'll have sell out crowds. I'm don't think there should be a tv blackout rule for playoff games. Why are there any to begin with?

I'm surprised by the vikings might be blacked out. I thought the vikings had a solid fan base. I'm surprised by the Cardinals too. People say it's the economy but look at Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Atlanta etc. They'll have sell out crowds. I'm don't think there should be a tv blackout rule for playoff games. Why are there any to begin with?

So the home team actually GOES to the games !
I can sit at home and watch the game from my TV with a much better view and have beer at the fridge and be in my comfortable home and see the replays over and over again.
No 20 minute lines to use the rest room, food readily available, no waiting at consession stands.
It's a much better game to watch then wondering if the guy's knee was down on the TD run , then hoping you saw it right from 100 yards away.

Jimbo

My picks

AFC:

Indy over San Diego
Miami over Baltimore

Indy over Tennessee
Pittsburgh over Miami

Pittsburgh over Indy

NFC:

Atlanta over Arizona
Minnesota over Philly

Giants over Atlanta
Carolina over Minnesota

Carolina over Giants

SuperBowl:

Pittsburgh over Carolina

These are my picks as well, I am too lazy to write it out...I am hoping on fast willie for the playoffs, even though he wasnt seen in the season.

These are my picks as well, I am too lazy to write it out...I am hoping on fast willie for the playoffs, even though he wasnt seen in the season.
We better hope the O line shows up, Willie will be fast if he has a few holes to run thru, but he's never been good at making his own holes.

Jimbo

We better hope the O line shows up, Willie will be fast if he has a few holes to run thru, but he's never been good at making his own holes.

Jimbo

think Jerome can come back just for the playoffs as a fullback? :) The Oline has been up and down, Down for the last part of the season, so I am hoping for a uphill tick now.

think Jerome can come back just for the playoffs as a fullback? :) The Oline has been up and down, Down for the last part of the season, so I am hoping for a uphill tick now.

Actually, I think they play better when Mewelde Moore is in there, he runs harder and catches the ball well, isn't afraid to make his own hole and NEVER quits on a play.
I wish they would START Moore and bring in Parker once they wear down the D Line some .....

Jimbo

What Are the Mets Thinking?

Any of your teams have special food-related promotions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts