2009 MLB Playoffs

Right. No matter what time, no matter what day, no matter which teams are playing, somebody won't like it. Personally, I love the day games.
So do I. The earlier, the better. And I am on the West coast so every game is 3 hours earlier for me than many of you on the east.

Any game that starts before I get home, I can always record. Any game that starts just before I need to go to bed, simply will not be watched by me.

I just want to watch one whole game and the 6pm game starts are perfect for me. :D

Here are the umpires for the AL division series as assigned by Major League Baseball:

Red Sox-Angels
Joe West (crew chief), CB Bucknor, Eric Cooper, Greg Gibson, Brian Gorman and Dan Iassogna.

Yankees-Tigers/Twins
Tim Tschida (crew chief), Chuck Meriwether, Mark Wegner, Paul Emmel, Jim Joyce and Phil Cuzzi.

Angels and Dodgers ready to play .. and both open at home.

Although I am for the Angels, I will root for the men in Blue too..

Angels and Dodgers ready to play .. and both open at home.

Although I am for the Angels, I will root for the men in Blue too..
I would love to see the first ever Freeway Series. Although MLB probably wont like it as it would be a ratings disaster (Yanks and Dodgers will be the best possible ratings match up)

There have been i5 Series before (Dodgers and A's several times, Giants and Angels once).

There was also a real Bay Bridge series between the Giants and the A's (Isn't it amazing that that the Giants have so much history, but have yet to bring SF a world championship; while the A's have brought Okland several Championships? And yet the Giants are THE team of the BA).

I would love to see the first ever Freeway Series. Although MLB probably wont like it as it would be a ratings disaster (Yanks and Dodgers will be the best possible ratings match up)

There have been i5 Series before (Dodgers and A's several times, Giants and Angels once).

There was also a real Bay Bridge series between the Giants and the A's (Isn't it amazing that that the Giants have so much history, but have yet to bring SF a world championship; while the A's have brought Okland several Championships? And yet the Giants are THE team of the BA).

Oh yeah fo sho.. am checking craigslist and stunhub to at least go to one home game.

DK,

Is Vinny going on the road to do radio coverage this post season? I didn't hear him say anything yesterday...but I was flipping around various games.

DK,

Is Vinny going on the road to do radio coverage this post season? I didn't hear him say anything yesterday...but I was flipping around various games.

Maybe Vinny will make an exception to the rule .. and head to St Louis for game 3 &4

Sources from the Boston Herald are reporting that Angels-Red Sox game 3 will be Sunday at 12 noon ET/ 9 am PT, IF ALL FOUR LDS's are still playing.

Methinks it's gonna be a tad chilly at the Big A and Dodger Stadium this week if they get 6:37PM PDT starts.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your kidding right ?

Wouldn't you rather play in Detroit or NY or Boston ?
That's where it will be chilly, the World Series in those cities would be around 35-40 * at game time.

Sunday up against the NFL , interesting ?

Do the Pats play at home this week ?

I think that was part of TBS/MLB's reasoning.

The Pats play in Denver at 4:15 ET next Sunday.

I think if ALL FOUR LDS's are still going on Sunday, the schedule would look like this (all times Eastern):

12 noon- Angels at Red Sox
3:30 pm- Dodgers at Cardinals
7:00 pm- Yankees at Tigers/Twins
10:30 pm- Phillies at Rockies

However, if one or BOTH NLDS ends in a sweep, then the Angels-Red Sox game 3 would be moved to late afternoon or evening.

I think that was part of TBS/MLB's reasoning.

The Pats play in Denver at 4:15 ET next Sunday.

I think if ALL FOUR LDS's are still going on Sunday, the schedule would look like this (all times Eastern):

12 noon- Angels at Red Sox
3:30 pm- Dodgers at Cardinals
7:00 pm- Yankees at Tigers/Twins
10:30 pm- Phillies at Rockies

However, if one or BOTH NLDS ends in a sweep, then the Angels-Red Sox game 3 would be moved to late afternoon or evening.

Gotcha ...
I'm sure they wouldn't have done that had the Pats been playing at home. :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your kidding right ?

Wouldn't you rather play in Detroit or NY or Boston ?
That's where it will be chilly, the World Series in those cities would be around 35-40 * at game time.
It will probably be in the 60's at game time and cool to the 50's by the end of the game. The temperature was in the low 40's when I left my house this morning.

Detroit is supposed to be about the same (50's to start the game) on Wednesday.

NY and Philly is supposed to be even warmer than LA at game time Wednesday

UFL Ignored

Soldier Tribute on CBC HNinC/NHL Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)