2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Do the East Finals start Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Funny you should ask that, I was just looking for that info myself, but I couldn't find it anywhere. :confused:

If Detroit wins tomorrow night, my guess would be the East starts on Saturday and the West starts on Sunday (NBC has a game scheduled for 3:00 ET on Sunday afternoon, and I'm quite sure they would want to showcase a potential Hawks-Wings series).

Again, this is just a guess.

Funny you should ask that, I was just looking for that info myself, but I couldn't find it anywhere. :confused:

If Detroit wins tomorrow night, my guess would be the East starts on Saturday and the West starts on Sunday (NBC has a game scheduled for 3:00 ET on Sunday afternoon, and I'm quite sure they would want to showcase a potential Hawks-Wings series).

Again, this is just a guess.

Another thing to keep in mind: IF the Bruins win tomorrow night AND the Celtics lose, the Celtics will be playing Game 7 at the Garden on Sunday (more than likely at night). If that's the case there's NO WAY the Bruins could play a 3:00 game, and the Celtics an 8:00 game.

The Bruins record being down 3-1 isn't exactly like their cross-town buddy Red Sox.

The B's are 0-21 all-time in series that they've trailed 3-1. In fact, this is only the second time in their history that they've forced a Game 7 after trailing 3-1. :eek:

The only other time? Last year against the Canadiens.

OTOH, the Canes are 7-0 all-time in series they've led 3-1.

The Bruins record being down 3-1 isn't exactly like their cross-town buddy Red Sox.

The B's are 0-21 all-time in series that they've trailed 3-1. In fact, this is only the second time in their history that they've forced a Game 7 after trailing 3-1. :eek:

The only other time? Last year against the Canadiens.

OTOH, the Canes are 7-0 all-time in series they've led 3-1.

2 differences.

1. The B's are at home this time, a far cry from the unfriendly surroundings of the Bell Centre

2. Last year, the Canadiens were a very good team; these Canes are good, but not great.

So much for the very OVER HYPED game 7 of the only teams in the NHL worth talking about according to some media ....

6-2 Pens in the 3rd.

Not a word about the Ducks and Wings .....
Game 7 tomorrow night .... at a realistic time, 7 pm, at least I can pretty much be assured that it will not have me up at 1:30 in the morning again.

If the Wings move on, yesterday will be the last late night of the year. :up

Jimbo

So much for the very OVER HYPED game 7 of the only teams in the NHL worth talking about according to some media ....

6-2 Pens in the 3rd.

Not a word about the Ducks and Wings .....
Game 7 tomorrow night .... at a realistic time, 7 pm, at least I can pretty much be assured that it will not have me up at 1:30 in the morning again.

If the Wings move on, yesterday will be the last late night of the year. :up

Jimbo
Yep, big win by Pittsburgh tonight. Congrats.

Thursday's Playoff Schedule- All times Eastern

Anaheim [Prime Ticket (HD)] at Detroit [FS-Detroit (HD)]- Game 7 (series tied 3-3)- 7:00 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, CBC-HD, RDS-HD

Carolina [FS-Carolinas (HD)] at Boston [NESN (HD)]- Game 7 (series tied 3-3)- 8:00 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD (JIP), TSN-HD, RIS

Lets go Pens.

Yeah Pens!!!!!

wink20.gif
Finals against Boston would be fun to watch. Go Pens!

Getting ready for a great night of hockey! Let's go Wings!!

Ill be watching tonight while my Hawks rest... I hope the Wings, and the Ducks tear each other apart. :D So that way you all go walking into Chicago battered and bruised, Easy pickings from the Indian Nation known as [FONT=trebuchet ms,tahoma]Shikaagong [/FONT]Makatamicikiahkiaks :D (psst. That means Chicago Blackhawks)

4495_99762689257_29919479257_2666531_6477179_n.jpg

What a joke that the Bruins/Canes game can't be seen in its entirety unless you have Center Ice. Great job NHL for screwing over your fans once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)