2010-11 NBA PLAYOFFS

If the next eight weeks of the playoffs are anything close to this weekend.....all I can say is WOW!!! :eek:

Fair enough, so I guess the call Melo got with about 4:00 left was a "road trip" call.

Oh...come on Bill, you know FULL well that is called a "superstar benefit of the doubt call". That is the call He gets, Lebron, Wade, Durrant and Kobe get. We may not like it....but it is the same ones Bird use to get.

Oh...come on Bill, you know FULL well that is called a "superstar benefit of the doubt call". That is the call He gets, Lebron, Wade, Durrant and Kobe get. We may not like it....but it is the same ones Bird use to get.
The part I highlighted I absolutely agree with.

Did Pierce get the benefit of the call in question? He sure did. BUT, Melo also got the benefit of a couple of calls in the 4th quarter. So I think it's more "superstar benefit of the doubt call" than it is "homer call".

For as much as some thought that Denver lost in the Carmelo deal.... the Nuggets got a bunch of good players to NY getting a superstar and a horse on his last leg. Think the Nuggets are a better TEAM than they were when they had Carmelo.

BillD1984 said:
Fair enough, so I guess the call Melo got with about 4:00 left was a "road trip" call.

Not to mention Amare's off arm push on all most all of his drives.

Ray F'ing Allen, eat that Celtic haters!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

The part I highlighted I absolutely agree with.

Did Pierce get the benefit of the call in question? He sure did. BUT, Melo also got the benefit of a couple of calls in the 4th quarter. So I think it's more "superstar benefit of the doubt call" than it is "homer call".

Aren't they almost one in the same? Depending on the team and circumstances?

Not to mention Amare's off arm push on all most all of his drives.

Ray F'ing Allen, eat that Celtic haters!

There isn't a single player in the NBA past and present that does not use the other arm to push off. Some are GREAT at hiding it.

Aren't they almost one in the same? Depending on the team and circumstances?
How do you figure? You said yourself Pierce doesn't get that call at MSG. "Homer calls" and "superstar calls" are two different things...they'd have to be, or Melo doesn't get the benefit of the calls I'm talking about from tonight's game.

Again, I'm agreeing with you that Pierce was the beneficiary of a questionable call, but I think it's MORE LIKELY he also receives that call at MSG because of his stature. Superstars don't only "get calls" at home.

Someone should inform the refs that Rajon Rondo's Jersey is the 3rd highest selling Jersey in the NBA, because he gets absolutely hammered when he goes to the hole, and there is hardly ever a call.

How do you figure? You said yourself Pierce doesn't get that call at MSG. "Homer calls" and "superstar calls" are two different things...they'd have to be, or Melo doesn't get the benefit of the calls I'm talking about from tonight's game.

Again, I'm agreeing with you that Pierce was the beneficiary of a questionable call, but I think it's MORE LIKELY he also receives that call at MSG because of his stature. Superstars don't only "get calls" at home.

That is why I stated it depended on the team and the circumstances. The home town team has it's version of what they would call their own "superstar". I mean some guys will only get the benefit of the doubt at home... making them the "home team superstar"...for lack of a better term. On the road, they will not get that call. Or former superstars at the end of their ride. Back in the day, they would get the call... now, they only get the call at home. As "home team call"...

College World Series

4 BCS conference presidents make over a million....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)