2010 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread

Yes Syracuse had 18 turnovers last night, but that's not the reason they lost. Shocked? I say this because they averaged 15 turnovers throughout the regular season. This is a team who won, in most cases handily, despite turnovers. Last night they got beat by the hottest team in the nation. What's that, 23 in a row now for Butler? Wow!

The real reason they lost was the dreaded zone defense they play. Live by the sword, die by the sword they say. When Butler showed that they could play against the zone, Syracuse didn't make any adjustments. A zone does nothing to pressure the other team or change tempo. Syracuse needed to dictate tempo, especially late in the game, but they didn't change to man coverage. Instead, they stubbornly stuck to the zone and Butler and their young, genius of a coach found out how to break it.

The lost due to the turnovers. Not the total amount, but the difference. 18-6. That is 12 more chances of scoring atleast 12 more points(1 free throw per TO).
The zone was fine, still held them to 40% shooting. The lost to the better team that day. IF a healthy Arinze, this would have not happened. But he wasn't...injuries are part of the game.

Butler is going to the FF. Nice to see. If this were football they'd never have a shot. This is how things should be, play until you lose. They clearly had more left in them after the Syracuse win.

With only Butler, Michigan St. and Tennessee remaining on one side of the bracket, we're guaranteed of having no better than a 5 seed playing for the National Championship a week from Monday night.

Meanwhile, the other side has two 1's (Kentucky and Duke), a 2 (West Virginia) and a 3 (Baylor).

I correctly had WVU winning the East and almost got it right with K-State.

(P.S. If- and this is a big is- the UK freshmen come back, they are capable of coming back in 2010-11 with a 'Revenge on everyone' type year ala when UNC lost in the Elite 8 to Georgetown in 07.)

Last edited:
West by God Virginia did it!!!!!! Wow!!!!

Now Kentucky fans can look forward to the exodus to the NBA and the NCAA probation that follows.

Now if Baylor can do the same tomorrow I will be in heaven. :D

I think I am going to hurl!

So is CBS IF Tennessee and Baylor win tomorrow! :eek: :D

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the unpredictability of this year's tournament, BUT CBS has to be sick thinking about a possible Butler, West Virginia, Tennessee and Baylor Final Four.

Butler making it all the way to the FF is a great story.

It's a little different than George Mason- not as low a seed, they have been a consistently strong team since 2003, and their 20+ something win streak convinced me that I wouldn't truly be shocked if they made the FF- but it's still something awesome

(I had K-State winning the region, but I'm not totally heartbroken.)

Hey Conipari are you still not worried about FTs? :sob:
the right side of my FF bracket is half right with WVU now a Baylor win over Dook and that'll make my FF picks .500 for the year
had Kansas winning it all with Vanderbilt as a darkhorse to come out of the west

West Virginia beats Kentucky to make it to the final four for the first time in 51 years! They controlled the game against Kentucky and came out with another win. They are justifying their claim that they should have been a #1 seed. Go Mountaineers!

Nice win for the Mountaineers, but 3 point shooting was the difference in the game. What was Kentucky, 3 for 23 or something? Off night for the Wildcats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)