2010 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread

I hope you are right about West Virginia and Butler. I'm a Mountaineer and always root for WVU!

Great win by Butler.

Butler's a great story, Sparty's a good team. That being said- this was not pretty to watch from a pure basketball perspective (Butler had a 10-minute scoring drought in the second half- Sparty had a 6-7 minute drought of their own)

They sure did! :up

They're starting to remind me of the '85 Villanova team..................

Speaking of '85 Villanova- If Duke wins the second semifinal, then we'd have a great David vs. Goliath scenario in the Silver Anniversary year of Nova beating Georgetown (though Duke this year is not as overpowering or awesomely scary as that Georgetown team, the mid-major vs. blueblood possibility would be a delicious one).

Speaking of '85 Villanova- If Duke wins the second semifinal, then we'd have a great David vs. Goliath scenario in the Silver Anniversary year of Nova beating Georgetown (though Duke this year is not as overpowering or awesomely scary as that Georgetown team, the mid-major vs. blueblood possibility would be a delicious one).

If Duke wins tonight, I think it will be some sort of record of neutral fans rooting for one team over the other.

I'm glad Butler won but that second half was kind of slow. Hopefully they will play buzzer to buzzer in the final.
I'm rooting for it to be against West Virginia.

Doesn't look good for WVU. Butler is injured and probably gone even if they make the next game.

If Duke wins tonight, I think it will be some sort of record of neutral fans rooting for one team over the other.

Even though I love Coach K and always root for them after the Gators, I will root for Butler. Just because it is such a great story. Not for some irrational hate I have for Duke, that is saved for the team in Lexington and the one that wears girlie blue.

Even though I love Coach K and always root for them after the Gators, I will root for Butler. Just because it is such a great story. Not for some irrational hate I have for Duke, that is saved for the team in Lexington and the one that wears girlie blue.

The girlie blue is in Chapel Hill.

Duke beats WVU (so much for my national title pick).

Thus sets up the ultimate David vs. Goliath matchup.

Fittingly, it comes in the Silver Anniversary year of Villanova/Georgetown and their David/Goliath matchup

Duke again, Blah.
I don't think Butler has a chance but I'll root hard for them on Monday.

Duke again, Blah.
I don't think Butler has a chance but I'll root hard for them on Monday.
Forget the cheering and start the praying. You were correct when you mentioned that Butler doesn't stand a chance. Duke will win this game handily and there is no reason for anyone, other than diehard Duke and Butler fans, to waste their time watching.

...I saw (Mike Cuelllar) and that outstanding Orioles starting rotation pitch many times at Tiger stadum during the late-60s to mid-70s...

...Butler doesn't stand a chance. Duke will win this game handily and there is no reason for anyone, other than diehard Duke and Butler fans, to waste their time watching.

Anyone old enough to have seen and remember Mike Cuellar pitch surely saw and remembers the 1983 and 1985 NCAA Basketball finals...

Butler played a great defensive game over MSU. MSU just kept kissing up the rock. Refs didn't help either, seemed to be quite a disparity in foul calls. Just the same, I hope Butler wins on Monday. I've been waiting for a small school to win this tournament for what seems like forever.

Butler played a great defensive game over MSU. MSU just kept kissing up the rock. Refs didn't help either, seemed to be quite a disparity in foul calls. Just the same, I hope Butler wins on Monday. I've been waiting for a small school to win this tournament for what seems like forever.
Some possible bad news. Matt Hayward has a concussion. I was at the game last night (Butler Alumni).
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=12254188

Anyone old enough to have seen and remember Mike Cuellar pitch surely saw and remembers the 1983 and 1985 NCAA Basketball finals...

This is very different. Both NC St and Nova were "ok" teams from major conferences (big quotes there, BTW). Both were also taking on seemingly "for the ages" type teams with skill players that will go down as the best to play their respective positions.

Duke and Butler are neither of these 2. GO BULLDOGS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)