2010 NBA Free Agency Thread

I just heard that the Knicks agreed to a sign and trade that will send David Lee to the Warriors in exchange for 3 players.

Salsa you must be loving life. I'll say this now I'll give the Heat crap every time I see so much as one empty seat from now on. ;) You guys better support them.

Am I the only one LMAO at Cleveland right now? Hmmm South Beach or stay in the Rust Belt? Tough choice. Does Cleveland take down the LeBron mural and replace it with one of Anderson Varejo? Do Cleveland fans burn their LeBron jerseys and buy Delonte West ones now? It's just too funny. Well at least they've got a whole season of the Browns sucking to look forward to. :haha

Salsa you must be loving life. I'll say this now I'll give the Heat crap every time I see so much as one empty seat from now on. ;) You guys better support them.

Am I the only one LMAO at Cleveland right now? Hmmm South Beach or stay in the Rust Belt? Tough choice. Does Cleveland take down the LeBron mural and replace it with one of Anderson Varejo? Do Cleveland fans burn their LeBron jerseys and buy Delonte West ones now? It's just too funny. Well at least they've got a whole season of the Browns sucking to look forward to. :haha

Believe it not. I would have preferred him NOT coming to Miami. I wanted to sign MORE good players with the extra cap space. Like I said, EITHER way...EVEN if he would have NOT come here....the Heat WERE gonna get better and WERE the winners of the free agency race.....

ALL season ticket packages were sold out as of yesterday even when Wade had made the decision to stay. IF you see empty seats, it's because those folks have not gotten there yet.

Believe it not. I would have preferred him NOT coming to Miami. I wanted to sign MORE good players with the extra cap space. Like I said, EITHER way...EVEN if he would have NOT come here....the Heat WERE gonna get better and WERE the winners of the free agency race.....
I don't know if Miami is championship caliber yet...unless the league goes to 3 on 3. But the real edge that they have is that their 3 stars are all in their 20's. Most of the top players elsewhere (Kobe, Nash, Duncan, everyone for the Celtics except Rondo) are in their 30's. That means those guys will be slowing down or be retired in the next 5 years. Miami could form a dynasty while other teams rebuild. And it's not like they need great players to round out the roster. Virtually anyone could step in there and be the next Derrick Fisher or Robert Horry. It's not like anyone will be guarding them. Just got to hit open shots.

Salsa, how would you compare this to the Shaq signing of 2004?

Shaq was arguably as big a star then as LeBron is now.

Salsa, how would you compare this to the Shaq signing of 2004?

Shaq was arguably as big a star then as LeBron is now.

Let's put it this way....Miami RIGHT NOW....regardless of WHO just won the NBA title, is the basketball capitol of the WORLD.

The NBA championship is in LA, but EVERYONE is talking about Miami. You will start to see that no one will talk about Lebron....Wade....Bosh. It will be, THE HEAT.

it is a very exciting time in Miami right now.... I am at work, and my wife called and stated that she heard a ROAR in the neighborhood when he made his announcement. It is crazy.

Here is the list of free agents that are left and would more than likely fill out the roster for the HEAT(and more than liekly sign for the minimum):

Etan Thomas(of of my favor Syracuse players) - can play Center and Power Forward

Raymond Felton a very young a good point gaurd that has speed and can create his own shot.

Udonis Haslem is one of the better guys in the league when it comes to getting the dirty things done like rebound and play defense. PLUS, he knows the system.

Dorrell Wright finally started playing well and showed he knows how to play good perimeter defense.

Mike Miller would be IDEAL as the spot up shooter a team like this needs. he has already been offered a contract by Pat Riley.

MORE to come.....

This just in....Michael Beasley, according to sources down here, has been traded to the Minnesota Timberwoves!
Sucker! I'll lol at that too. I always disliked Beasley. Now he goes to purgatory and for nothing more than a 2nd round pick. To think he was once the 2nd overall pick.

The Heat drafted Jarvis Varnardo from Mississippi St this year. He's the all time leader in blocked shots in NCAA history. Can't shoot for s***, but he could be a nice specialty player.

The Heat drafted Jarvis Varnardo from Mississippi St this year. He's the all time leader in blocked shots in NCAA history. Can't shoot for s***, but he could be a nice specialty player.

ALL hes has to do is STAND there......that's IT! If Mark Eaton can do it for almost a decade for Utah and get paid well for it.....he can too!

ALL hes has to do is STAND there......that's IT! If Mark Eaton can do it for almost a decade for Utah and get paid well for it.....he can too!
Well he won't get paid jack considering the Heat are tapped out, but he could be good.

If the Heat get Felton at PG then look out. I imagine he could have some sleepless nights with LeBron pitching Miami and Jordan begging him to stay in Charlotte.

Well he won't get paid jack considering the Heat are tapped out, but he could be good.

If the Heat get Felton at PG then look out. I imagine he could have some sleepless nights with LeBron pitching Miami and Jordan begging him to stay in Charlotte.

They had been talking to him, Felton, for a little while now from what I have read.

They had been talking to him, Felton, for a little while now from what I have read.
That'd be a nice pickup. I know the Bobcats are trying to be some sort of UNC alumni team, but if I were Felton I'd be sick and tired of playing for sorry teams. Tell Jordan and Larry Brown you'll see them in Chapel Hill in the offseason, but it's time to win a championship.

That'd be a nice pickup. I know the Bobcats are trying to be some sort of UNC alumni team, but if I were Felton I'd be sick and tired of playing for sorry teams. Tell Jordan and Larry Brown you'll see them in Chapel Hill in the offseason, but it's time to win a championship.

LOL! I listed some players that were STILL available and could EASILY be had for the minimum....what do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts