2010 NCAA Football Season

And just what "tough" schedule does Ohio State have? It's been proven the Big Ten is weak overall with only MSU remaining as a viable test and OSU doesn't even play them. I'll concede that Iowa and Wisconsin are decent teams but not any better than top 15-20 if that and both have already failed when put to a modest test.

And WHERE are the rest of the TOUGH BSU teams that are gonna vault them above a 1 loss Big Conference team ?

What we really need to happen, is for BSU to MAKE it to the game. then, given a month to prepare or close to it, see just how good BSU is against a Alabama, Ohio State or Oregon team.
I still believe Bama will be close in the end.

As for your rediculous BcS comments, the Bucks will continue to rise as they go thru the rest of thier schedule while BSU will fall off due to thier WEAK as schedule.

BSU would lose to any of the teams I mentioned by at least 21 points.

I read it as the Bucks would be watching Oregon and an undefeated Big 12 team in the NC game.

What team would that be ?

A # 6 Oklahoma team is not going to get in the MNC game ahead of a undefeated #1 or 2 Ohio State team.

It's actually pretty useless to debate all this at this point in the year, everything will change next week AGAIN.

Hell, there a possibility that the Bucks go down this weekend ... playing IN Wisconsin always a night game, very difficult game coming up.

BSU would get buried at Camp Randall, they could NEVER stop the running game from the Badgers.

And WHERE are the rest of the TOUGH BSU teams that are gonna vault them above a 1 loss Big Conference team ?

What we really need to happen, is for BSU to MAKE it to the game. then, given a month to prepare or close to it, see just how good BSU is against a Alabama, Ohio State or Oregon team.

As for your rediculous BcS comments, the Bucks will continue to rise as they go thru the rest of thier schedule while BSU will fall off due to thier WEAK as schedule.

Couldnt agree more. BSU has NO Business in the top ten or in a BCS game. I would like to see them only take one loss with the Alabama schedule they just played.

What team would that be ?

A # 6 Oklahoma team is not going to get in the MNC game ahead of a undefeated #1 or 2 Ohio State team.

An undefeated Nebraska or Oklahoma could easily get into the game over OSU. This is the power of the conference championship game.

Just think it is still possible to have two Big 10 teams in the title game.

OSU vs Nebraska :D

Quit whining.......

Ya know, if your Miami team would just win all their games, they would be there too! :eek:

This has NOTHING to do with Miami. Here you have a team like either Boise St. OR TCU who really play a bunch of 'Our Lady of the Sacrificial Lambs' colleges...you have the BCS proclaiming that strength of schedule IS part of the raiting process...and you would have THOSE two schools in the top spot and/or top 5??!!

Really? Seriously?

Couldnt agree more. BSU has NO Business in the top ten or in a BCS game. I would like to see them only take one loss with the Alabama schedule they just played.

Agreed that they couldn't handle an SEC schedule. Than again neither could Ohio State.

I hate to break it to you , but according to Sagarin, Boise State has played the 28th-toughest schedule in the country so far. Do you know where Sagarin has Ohio State's Strength of Schedule? At #117! OSU has played a weaker schedule so far than a fair number of FCS teams. Yes, that number will go up and Boise's down, but Boise looks to have a tougher schedule this year. As teams stand now, Boise's entire season schedule is #41 according to Massey (another BCS computer) and Ohio State's will be #67. Just because they won't play any more big-name programs doesn't make Boise State's schedule worse.

USATODAY.com
College Football Ranking Comparison

Agreed that they couldn't handle an SEC schedule. Than again neither could Ohio State.

OSU would be fine if they recruited for that conference. The problem is you need a different type of program to play in the Big 10 states and possible weather conditions.

OSU would be fine if they recruited for that conference. The problem is you need a different type of program to play in the Big 10 states and possible weather conditions.

I live in the Northeast, weather before Thanksgiving is mild.

OSU recruits nationally just like the major SEC teams. Florida's top 3 recruits last year came from Penn State's "area"

An undefeated Nebraska or Oklahoma could easily get into the game over OSU. This is the power of the conference championship game.

Just think it is still possible to have two Big 10 teams in the title game.

OSU vs Nebraska :D

Yeah, but before that can happen Nebraska has to go to Stillwater and attempt to beat the real OSU in the Big 12. Sorry Buckeyes, I couldn't resist!:D

OSU recruits nationally just like the major SEC teams. Florida's top 3 recruits last year came from Penn State's "area"

The Big 10 plays different style of ball. It doesn't matter where they recruit it is all about what type of ball is played in the conference. If they were in the SEC OSU would look for different type of players. You recruit talent that helps you win the games in your conference, not what wins out of conference.

As for weather it is mild for many of the teams but Wisconsin and Minn get colder much earlier than the rest of the conference. Once you hit November you never know what you could get.

Do you actually watch any games? No one is going to run over Boise. They have excellent coaching, and the smartest QB in the country. They are as well-balanced as any team around. As for their remaining schedule, Nevada is as good if not better than any team OSU will play this year and has a QB that is far more talented than Pryor. If you don't think so, ask Cal. You keep blowing on without ever looking at reality. OSU is overrated every year as is the Big 10 and shown up when they get out of their conference for the bowl games. Last year was the first time in years they have won a major game out of conference. You talk about schedules when the OSU SOS is pathetic. Their only hope of the title game is for no other undefeated teams.

Do you actually watch any games? No one is going to run over Boise. They have excellent coaching, and the smartest QB in the country. They are as well-balanced as any team around. As for their remaining schedule, Nevada is as good if not better than any team OSU will play this year and has a QB that is far more talented than Pryor. If you don't think so, ask Cal. You keep blowing on without ever looking at reality. OSU is overrated every year as is the Big 10 and shown up when they get out of their conference for the bowl games. Last year was the first time in years they have won a major game out of conference. You talk about schedules when the OSU SOS is pathetic. Their only hope of the title game is for no other undefeated teams.

Why is everything being based on one game with CAL?:confused:

The Big 10 plays different style of ball. It doesn't matter where they recruit it is all about what type of ball is played in the conference. If they were in the SEC OSU would look for different type of players. You recruit talent that helps you win the games in your conference, not what wins out of conference.

As for weather it is mild for many of the teams but Wisconsin and Minn get colder much earlier than the rest of the conference. Once you hit November you never know what you could get.

Also, I doubt that the SEC boys would do nearly as well if they played in 20's and 30 degree weather ...

Your dreaming buddy, you haven't been around long enough, so I have no idea who your team is, but thats OK.

Btw, you keep mentioning how great these other teams are, you spouted about ASKING CAL ?
Who the 'll is Cal, they are not even in the top 30.
You REALLY think that the Bucks would be worried about CAL or Nevada, get real buddy.

Also, I NEVER said that Prior was better than ANYONE, although he's getting better as time goes on.

Ido remember about how BAD Pryor was vs Jacory Harris, who most said was WAY better than Pryor at the time they played, seems to me that Pryor did pretty well that night with a point win and a very solid game.

Thats OK, you don't have to give the Bucks credit for anything.
Many people don't ... somehow they end up being good enough to play in NC games thruout the decade, Coach Tressel is doing something right.

Boise State would be a 3 or 4 lose team in the Big Ten and the same in the SEC.

The Bucks would do fine in the SEC, the SEC notoriously has 2-3 very good teams each year, as does the Big Ten.
The rest of the teams take up the slack.

Also, I doubt that the SEC boys would do nearly as well if they played in 20's and 30 degree weather ...

We do get cold weather down here during football season you know. Perhaps not daytime cold like yall get, and obviously not night time as well, but 20s and 30s? We see close to that as well in the latter part of the season for night games. We have in fact already had a couple of nights in the upper 30s/low 40s this year.

I do not think it makes a huge difference for the majority of the season for north or south when it comes to true cold. A few exceptions aside.
Weather conditions (temp anyway) are over rated IMO.

We do get cold weather down here during football season you know. Perhaps not daytime cold like yall get, and obviously not night time as well, but 20s and 30s? We see close to that as well in the latter part of the season for night games. We have in fact already had a couple of nights in the upper 30s/low 40s this year.

I do not think it makes a huge difference for the majority of the season for north or south when it comes to true cold. A few exceptions aside.
Weather conditions (temp anyway) are over rated IMO.

Hart brought up weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)