2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point. It's my opinion that Tebow is being mocked and criticized because of his ineptitude on the field, not because of his religion. It's unfortunate that his faith is being used to do it...
Ok that's exactly how I feel.thanks for making it clearer.and that bothers me.the using his faith to make fun of his atrocious qb play is a no no for me

Tim Tebow's ineffectiveness is even worse than the guy I always didn't like- Trent Edwards.

Tebow makes the Bills-era Edwards look like Drew Bledsoe.

Seeing that we are splitting hairs.....let me RE-PHRASE the statement to better fit what I was trying to say:

At this point, RIGHT NOW...don't know about the future...but RIGHT NOW.... Tebow is a worse QB than Jamarcus Russell was for the Raiders at the early stages of his career
I agree that Jamarcus has way more talent at the qb position than Tim.but the bottom line is they both suck.for different reasons but they both suck.....

Yeah, that was pretty harsh. I like the Lions, but funny how NOW that they are winning...and mind you, they have not won a playoff game since 1991...now that they are winning...they are talking. Some of these gusy should learn to WIN FIRST..talk later.

Thank you, thank you, a thousand times THANK YOU!! It pisses me off to no end when teams do this! Win for a while before you start talking friggin' s&#t!! Remember where you came from, and have some semblence of modesty.:mad:

Tim Tebow's ineffectiveness is even worse than the guy I always didn't like- Trent Edwards.

Tebow makes the Bills-era Edwards look like Drew Bledsoe.
and that's saying something because Trent always stunk.it's bad right now for tebow.even though I'm hoping he succeeds ,I just can't see how......

Thank you, thank you, a thousand times THANK YOU!! It pisses me off to no end when teams do this! Win for a while before you start talking friggin' s&#t!! Remember where you came from, and have some semblence of modesty.:mad:

And don't get me wrong...I really like the Lions team....but just a few years ago..didn't they go 0-16?! I can see of a Super Bowl champion on their team was talking...but really? Seriously?

And don't get me wrong...I really like the Lions team....but just a few years ago..didn't they go 0-16?! I can see of a Super Bowl champion on their team was talking...but really? Seriously?

I'm always a sucker for a good rags to riches sports story, but I'm starting to notice a not so likable pattern to this Lions team. First Suh last week and now this. Maybe it's all a coincidence, but it makes me go hmmmm.........

Trent Dilfer made the remark last night that Tim Tebow's biggest problem is that he is not visualizing & throwing to where the receiver is supposed to be to make the catch(he is not leading the receiver). Instead he is watching the receiver run & playing catch up,where by the pass is either overthrown,under thrown,or he gets sacked. Right now he has the advantage in that the opposing team thinks that he sucks so bad that they line everybody up on the line of scrimmage to sack him & his receivers aren't really covered. he should just take the snap,immediately say to himself,"ok the receiver should be right there," & then throw to that area. Stop watching the receiver running & instead,throw to where the receiver is supposed to be running to.

I'm always a sucker for a good rags to riches sports story, but I'm starting to notice a not so likable pattern to this Lions team. First Suh last week and now this. Maybe it's all a coincidence, but it makes me go hmmmm.........
Don't forget Schwartz chasing down Harbaugh.... :eek:

d5dgy9lwf0tkiaq9x4snzqbxlnznhci

I think people were more happy seeing Tim Tebow get "his," that they cared less about the Lions' player "Tebowing" after the sack. I bet almost everybody said "yeah" & laughed when he(the Lions' player) did it. Disrespectful & inappropriate? Absolutely,& if he had did it to anybody else but Tebow,there would have been a huge outcry. He also might have drawn a taunting penalty.

I think people were more happy seeing Tim Tebow get "his," that they cared less about the Lions' player "Tebowing" after the sack. I bet almost everybody said "yeah" & laughed when he(the Lions' player) did it. Disrespectful & inappropriate? Absolutely,& if he had did it to anybody else but Tebow,there would have been a huge outcry. He also might have drawn a taunting penalty.

That won't draw taunting, you can go to the ground in prayer, they're not going to put that judgement call on a ref to determine if they're actually praying or Tebowing.

I think people are making fun of the action much more than the religious part of it.

That won't draw taunting, you can go to the ground in prayer, they're not going to put that judgement call on a ref to determine if they're actually praying or Tebowing.

I think people are making fun of the action much more than the religious part of it.
I agree. On the Tebowing site I posted earlier, TT himself is in a couple of the photos with people Tebowing in front of him, and he's smiling...

Its funny, Mike Francesa of WFAN is just talking about how lousy Tebow was and how Tebow made no excuses. Tebow said he has to get up and work harder. Francesa also said that the Lions mocking Tebow's religion is a disgrace. I agree with Mike. You want to knock Tebow fine,but certain things should be off limits.

I dont want to make excuses for the Lions being boastful but maybe there talking a lot because they've been lousy for so long that they needed to vent. With that being said, there are ways of being boastful and there are ways of not being boastful. But I look at like this. They want to talk, then back it up. Beat Green Bay on Turkey Day. Show the world you guys arent losers anymore.

With that being said and Im not drinking the kool-aid but I dont give the Giants much of a chance against the Pats. If it wasnt for the Giants D at the end of the game they would have lost and for a while, I thought they would. The Giants are going to have a tough stretch right now and I dont envy them at all.

Imitating the drop to a knee is mocking a religion??? So a player can imitate Aaron Roger's"The Belt", The Lambeau Leap, The Goal post slam dunk or what ever just not the "Tebow".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Dundee, Trainer of Ali and Leonard, Dies at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts