2012 New HD Local Launches

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm wondering if DirecTV will convert my CW affiliate to HD since the OTA has started to present it in HD recently.
My The CW is a sub channel on 12-2. DirecTV has it in SD on channel 13.

if they reach an agreement they will.
Worst case is they show it in widescreen which if the programming isnt in HD you get that postage stamp effect

by the way I see someone from that company is smoking some real good stuff

DirecTV is one of a dozen large cable or satellite companies, however it is responsible for most of the conflicts with programmers. Read about them on the Internet. DirecTV has blacked-out the most-watched sports channels, music channels, children's channels – it has blocked-out FOX to more than one-third of our country. Any channel that refuses to bend to DirecTV’s will is vulnerable.
what the hell? I think he means Dish ;)
Other than Viacom which they pulled from D* I dont see any issues with other companies and Directv

Word from Satelliteracer (which is nearly gold as for reliability) indicates Lansing HD launch in October.

When does Bend, Oregon get their local stations?!?

When I signed up with Directv, the installer said they must get them this year, by order of the FCC. Is this correct? Or is it because bendbroadband is not complying with directv?!?! What is going on?

Or am I stuck on a 2 year contract with no locals forever?

This is frustrating, nobody ever mentions bend, and with medford already getting their local stations a couple months ago, did directv forget about bend?

The list of planned locals is just that...planned.
Now whether or not it will be this year we dont know. There are lots of things that have to go right to get them added.
One is the owners of the stations have to come to an agreement with Directv to carry them

New markets uplinked today...not available yet

All are Big 4 plus anything noted

Corpus Christi, TX...Big4+ PBS + Univision
Bakersfield, CA...BIg4 +My Network
Monterrey, CA...Big4+PBS+Univision
Laredo, TX....no ABC in market (imported) +NBC, CW, Fox, CBS

and the one I'm excited for....better get my moving truck ready

DULUTH, MN!!!
Big4+PBS+religious

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)