2013 DirecTV Packages - Including Family, Select & Grandfathered

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I switched from Choice Xtra Classic to Choice Xtra to save a whole $.:)
From the list I thought I'd lose The Tennis Channel (217), but I still receive it.
It's not a big deal, just wondering if I'm getting it in error or did DirecTV now add it to Choice Xtra.

Confirmed that Tennis is in the Extra package. I had Ultimate package just to get Encore theme channels (mainly WESTERNS) and decided to drop to Entertainment then add Starz package. But after I got bill there was only $10 difference so I changed back to Extra and I am getting Tennis now.

I have to wait 30 days to drop Starz. CSR said they would not waive $10 fee due to being less than 30 days. I told them I was going to upgrade back to Ultimate but they would not budge. So after 30 days I jump back to ULTIMATE and Starz will be dropped.

Prices are way to high. I looked at my bill. I have $38 in fees. 3 additional recvrs $18, DVR $10, HD $10 then that doesnt count over $8 in taxes.
Entertainment is a great package but really need Speed channel and also TV1.

A few corrections to be confirmed -
AXS TV is 340 now;
MTV is 331;
and the Game Show Network - 233

Last edited:
Thanks for the list. Got a Question about the list. Are the channels with the HD label available only if you have the HD receiver and pay the fee? Or, do they come through just with out the HD?

Thanks for the list. Got a Question about the list. Are the channels with the HD label available only if you have the HD receiver and pay the fee? Or, do they come through just with out the HD?

Only if have a HD receiver with HD service added.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

I have Total Choice (grandfathered), and got an email last week saying we would lose OWN in my package, but that it would be available in Choice (as someone indicated above). I'll check the Total Choice listings with what I have soon. This is great - the DirecTV website is so wrong on what I should have (no ESPN in Total Choice!!??)

It's so weird that DirecTV has WGN in such a high tier these days.

In my market, UVerse includes WGN in the basic package (as in the package with only OTA and shopping channels). I think Time Warner Cable is the same.

It's so weird that DirecTV has WGN in such a high tier these days.
dish does too

In my market, UVerse includes WGN in the basic package (as in the package with only OTA and shopping channels). I think Time Warner Cable is the same.
here in Minneapolis WGN is in Lifeline (Comcast)...even the HD channel is too

Sorry , but I could not tell anything about what was available and what wasn't in these packages that DirecTV does not advertise.

Hey guys I don't know when , but FOX MOVIE channel has been dropped from Choice Extra and is now part of the Choice ultimate pack. I just confirmed with Directv .com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)