World Series schedule

Wed 10/23- at Boston 8pm ET
Thur 10/24- at Boston 8pm ET
Sat 10/26- at St. Louis 8pm ET
Sun 10/27- at St. Louis 8:15pm ET
Mon 10/28- at St. Louis 8pm ET
Wed 10/30- at Boston 8pm ET
Thur 10/31- at Boston 8pm ET

When Detroit went up 2-1, the first thing I thought was "Nice response by the Tigers, but I have so little faith in their bullpen, Scherzer essentially needs to go the distance." The minute Leyland took the ball, I felt the lead was gonna disappear at some point- just didn't think it would be on a grand slam.

Choke? Really, pro96? One-run lead, that stadium, that Red Sox lineup, and THAT Detroit bullpen? I mean, a 4-run lead wasn't safe last week, so a 1-run lead was essentially a piece of Boston Cream Pie.

First of all I was referring to the Tigers been up 2-1 and bosox were threatening in that inning that proved to be the difference. Where were the tigers playing at???????? BEANTOWN! :what:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

First of all I was referring to the Tigers been up 2-1 and bosox were threatening in that inning that proved to be the difference. Where were the tigers playing at???????? BEANTOWN! :what:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

LOL.....nice try. I saw exactly when you made that post.

The Red Sox have a winning streak that I would be SHOCKED if it continued.......the Sox have an 8 game World Series winning streak.

Incase anyone doesn't know, the real reason why the Tigers didn't win was because of the curse of Tiger Stadium.

It is said that the Tigers will not win another World Series until they return to Michigan and Trumbull.

So if we want to see another World Series they would literally have to rebuild Tiger Stadium on the exact same location as before.

The other thing that would break the curse is if the Illitch family did not own the team anymore.

I'm not making this up, it's true

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That was a serious bad call on ball four. If the batter were out, then Iggy would not have had to rush the transfer to make a double play, etc... I,too, thought it was strange to pull Shertzer at that point. He threw mote than 110 pitches 11 times this regular season, including 123 on September 25th.

Did I hear correctly that in the six times Victorino has hit with the bases loaded, that he has sixteen RBI? If that is so, then in the four times that he "failed" to hit a grand slam, he drove in an average of two runs in each of those four other at-bats.

Last edited:
Maybe I should wait until after the Red Sox win the World Series to post this, but as the saying goes, you're never as good as you look like you are when you're winning and your never as bad as you look like you are when you're losing. When the Sox had their epic collapse in September of 2011, they were the same team that had the best record in baseball over the stretch of 130 games immediately preceding the collapse, and as far as what happened to them in 2012, the only difference between that team and, say, the 2013 Washington Nationals, is the beer and chicken. Who in hell knows what went wrong in 2012? If they had won in 2012, the beer and chicken would have been "cool" and more marketable than this year's "beards"" image.

This year, the Red Sox had the best luck imaginable with their starting rotation. There biggest "failure" was Buchholz going 12-1 while missing half his starts, but if, before the season, you could choose between having Buchholz starting 34 games or having him instead start 16 and go 12-1 in those games and pitch Dempster/Doubront/Morales/Aceves in those other 18 starts and go minus three or minus four in those games, you'd take the 12-1 for 16 games in a second. The second biggest starting pitching failure was Aceves, whose had less adverse impact on the starting pitching than Bucky Brandon did in 1967.

Yeah, they lost TWO all-star closers, but that meant that they lost the closing services of just one, because you only get to use one, and what happened with Uehara is mind boggling. It was providence rather than managing brilliance that induced them to pay him $4 million or whatever, because he simply was believed to be worth that much money. Can he do it again next year? He sure looks like the real deal to me, but if a guy with a 92 MPH fastball is a little better than ordinary for a decade and a half but then finds magic at age 38, it just might not be there next year. Okajima and Bard fooled batters for one year each but never again found the magic.

The Red Sox "luck" with Ortiz and Napoli was unbelievable. Ortiz missed half of 2012 season with an ankle problem, and then it was determined this April that his six months of immobilization therapy over the off-season didn't work, so they did the insane thing of continuing that therapy for another month, and then it somehow worked and he played nearly all of the next 130 games. How is that even possible? And Napoli was definitively diagnosed as having some irreparable, untreatable, degenerative hip lubrication problem that will inevitably, prematurely end his career, so they signed a contract with $5 million guranteed and another $8 million in participation bonuses which he qualified for with ease. Basically, in betting on Ortiz and Napoli, the Red Sox won the breakdown "Exacta". What were the odds that these two guys who were breakdowns waiting to happen would not break down?

And then Nava became the little-engine-that-could. Do you know the story of this guy? He was 4'8" tall when he entered high school and 5'5"" when he graduated and couldn't make the team in junior college, and now he somehow finishes in the top ten in batting after a long, lackluster minor league career. How can that be, and how long can it continue?

The Red Sox management was derided for signing bargain basement "chemistry" players (no - not Tom House chemistry) like Gomes and Victorino and Carp. Victorino is a fan favorite who gets injured by about the seventh inning of every game but then comes back to play the next day. Fans can love a Gomes when their team wins 97 games, but if it only wins 90 next year and they miss the playoffs, then the question will be, "why didn't this big market team flush in cash buy a better corner outfielder?"

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for another two weeks, but I stil hard to fathom that this team is on the verge of its third World Series in the last decade.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say thank you to the Tigers and Tiger fans on here for making it such a fun and exciting series. I knew it was going to be a tough one, I actually thought it would go 7. The guys on here are nothing but respectful and fun!!! :) Thanks again. !! :)

That was a serious bad call on ball four. If the batter were out, then Iggy would not have had to rush the transfer to make a double play, etc... I,too, thought it was strange to pull Shertzer at that point. He threw mote than 110 pitches 11 times this regular season, including 123 on September 25th.

Did I hear correctly that in the six times Victorino has hit with the bases loaded, that he has sixteen RBI? If that is so, then in the four times that he "failed" to hit a grand slam, he drove in an average of two runs in each of those four other at-bats.

Although, as a former umpire, I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a bad call, it certainly was a key in the Red Sox come back. It changed the inning a lot.

Although, as a former umpire, I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a bad call, it certainly was a key in the Red Sox come back. It changed the inning a lot.

While I agree that it looked more like a strike than other calls did last night, we really can't count on those pitch trackers for any kind of accuracy. What we had was an inconsistent strike zone and there is no reason for it in the postseason...

The Sox struck out 73 times in the series, the most ever by a team in a postseason series. The old record was 70 by the Diamondbacks in the seven-game 2001 World Series against the Yankees.

Incase anyone doesn't know, the real reason why the Tigers didn't win was because of the curse of Tiger Stadium.

It is said that the Tigers will not win another World Series until they return to Michigan and Trumbull.

So if we want to see another World Series they would literally have to rebuild Tiger Stadium on the exact same location as before.

The other thing that would break the curse is if the Illitch family did not own the team anymore.

I'm not making this up, it's true

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!
REALLY Claude ?

Do you care to go back down the road of seasons before Mr. I bought the team ?

Detyroit has come back to prominence since Mr. I took over, before they were a middle of the pack or lower since the '87 team.

Maybe I should wait until after the Red Sox win the World Series to post this, but as the saying goes, you're never as good as you look like you are when you're winning and your never as bad as you look like you are when you're losing. When the Sox had their epic collapse in September of 2011, they were the same team that had the best record in baseball over the stretch of 130 games immediately preceding the collapse, and as far as what happened to them in 2012, the only difference between that team and, say, the 2013 Washington Nationals, is the beer and chicken. Who in hell knows what went wrong in 2012? If they had won in 2012, the beer and chicken would have been "cool" and more marketable than this year's "beards"" image.

This year, the Red Sox had the best luck imaginable with their starting rotation. There biggest "failure" was Buchholz going 12-1 while missing half his starts, but if, before the season, you could choose between having Buchholz starting 34 games or having him instead start 16 and go 12-1 in those games and pitch Dempster/Doubront/Morales/Aceves in those other 18 starts and go minus three or minus four in those games, you'd take the 12-1 for 16 games in a second. The second biggest starting pitching failure was Aceves, whose had less adverse impact on the starting pitching than Bucky Brandon did in 1967.

Yeah, they lost TWO all-star closers, but that meant that they lost the closing services of just one, because you only get to use one, and what happened with Uehara is mind boggling. It was providence rather than managing brilliance that induced them to pay him $4 million or whatever, because he simply was believed to be worth that much money. Can he do it again next year? He sure looks like the real deal to me, but if a guy with a 92 MPH fastball is a little better than ordinary for a decade and a half but then finds magic at age 38, it just might not be there next year. Okajima and Bard fooled batters for one year each but never again found the magic.

The Red Sox "luck" with Ortiz and Napoli was unbelievable. Ortiz missed half of 2012 season with an ankle problem, and then it was determined this April that his six months of immobilization therapy over the off-season didn't work, so they did the insane thing of continuing that therapy for another month, and then it somehow worked and he played nearly all of the next 130 games. How is that even possible? And Napoli was definitively diagnosed as having some irreparable, untreatable, degenerative hip lubrication problem that will inevitably, prematurely end his career, so they signed a contract with $5 million guranteed and another $8 million in participation bonuses which he qualified for with ease. Basically, in betting on Ortiz and Napoli, the Red Sox won the breakdown "Exacta". What were the odds that these two guys who were breakdowns waiting to happen would not break down?

And then Nava became the little-engine-that-could. Do you know the story of this guy? He was 4'8" tall when he entered high school and 5'5"" when he graduated and couldn't make the team in junior college, and now he somehow finishes in the top ten in batting after a long, lackluster minor league career. How can that be, and how long can it continue?

The Red Sox management was derided for signing bargain basement "chemistry" players (no - not Tom House chemistry) like Gomes and Victorino and Carp. Victorino is a fan favorite who gets injured by about the seventh inning of every game but then comes back to play the next day. Fans can love a Gomes when their team wins 97 games, but if it only wins 90 next year and they miss the playoffs, then the question will be, "why didn't this big market team flush in cash buy a better corner outfielder?"

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for another two weeks, but I stil hard to fathom that this team is on the verge of its third World Series in the last decade.

Yes, maybe you should.

FWIW, the Tigers did NOT Choke either.

Trust me when I tell you he was talking about the Red Sox. His post is time stamped anyway. Besides, it doesn't matter which team he was talking about....it's drive-by trolling at it's best (worst). ;)

Last edited:

Australian Football League on Fuel TV

Middle school football players execute life-changing play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)