2013 MLB Postseason

Heard something today that I didn't realize going into last night's game. This was the first time the Red Sox have ever held a 3-2 lead in an ALCS.

*In 1975 the Red Sox swept the A's (the LCS was a best of five series in those days)
*In 1986 the Red Sox trailed the Angels 3 games to 1 before winning 3 straight games
*In 2004 the Red Sox trailed the Yankees 3 games to none before winning 4 straight games
*In 2007 the Red Sox trailed the Indians 3 games to 1 before winning 3 straight games

To simplify, the Red Sox had NEVER had a chance to win the AL pennant in a Game 6 before last night.

Heard something today that I didn't realize going into last night's game. This was the first time the Red Sox have ever held a 3-2 lead in an ALCS.

*In 1975 the Red Sox swept the A's (the LCS was a best of five series in those days)
*In 1986 the Red Sox trailed the Angels 3 games to 1 before winning 3 straight games
*In 2004 the Red Sox trailed the Yankees 3 games to none before winning 4 straight games
*In 2007 the Red Sox trailed the Indians 3 games to 1 before winning 3 straight games

To simplify, the Red Sox had NEVER had a chance to win the AL pennant in a Game 6 before last night.

Doesn't sound like they have ever had a lead !

Good luck in the Series, Bill. What a dream season and post season for you!

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks buddy, it's been an incredible ride! A ride, that I must admit, I didn't anticipate back in the spring. :)

Quite the roller coaster ride thru the last series.
Then again, when you play good teams in the playoffs, you'll have the roller coaster effect, unless your team dominates.

That's too bad. Before he came, they sucked.

Jim has been a class act wherever he went. And I will say this now in the purest sense of how it is written...the love between him and Miggy is something that would make a great story or baseball movie. He completely turned Miggy's life around and supported him, counseled him, kept him out of the limelight when things were bad for Miggy. The way he also kept Miggy away from the temptations during the post game celebrations spoke volumes regarding their relationship. I am thrilled he is staying on with the Tigers. You should all be proud that he is, too.

Congrats to both the Red Sox and Cardinals for making it to the World Series. Would also like to say a congrats to all the Red Sox fans (Bill, Hart, etc.) and Cardinals fans on the boards.

Should be a great World Series but I think the Red Sox win it in 6 or 7 games. Btw, is there a team that does everything right than the Cardinals? What I mean is that they always seem to rise above or replace important pieces of there team. Look at Pujols. LaRussa. Duncan. It seems like everytime the Cardinals lose somebody, they replace them like that. Look at them this year with Micheal Wacha. Guy was the NLCS MVP. I dont think I ever heard of him before this year.

Congrats to both the Red Sox and Cardinals for making it to the World Series. Would also like to say a congrats to all the Red Sox fans (Bill, Hart, etc.) and Cardinals fans on the boards.

Should be a great World Series but I think the Red Sox win it in 6 or 7 games. Btw, is there a team that does everything right than the Cardinals? What I mean is that they always seem to rise above or replace important pieces of there team. Look at Pujols. LaRussa. Duncan. It seems like everytime the Cardinals lose somebody, they replace them like that. Look at them this year with Micheal Wacha. Guy was the NLCS MVP. I dont think I ever heard of him before this year.

I believe he was in College last year .... probably why no one knew him ... possibly was in the College WS, don't know.

To the surprise of no one, it will be Adam Wainwright vs. Jon Lester, Wednesday night at Fenway.

Australian Football League on Fuel TV

Middle school football players execute life-changing play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)