2013 MLB Postseason

My take on tonight's game, Bill, is a simple one:

In baseball, momentum is a powerful thing from game-to-game that can snowball. The Red Sox know these snowball moments- the Myers misplay, Papi/Victorino slams, etc.

The snowball rolled for the Red Sox against the Cardinals with that 1st inning. The Napoli base-clearer was the snowball that never stopped rolling.

My take on tonight's game, Bill, is a simple one:

In baseball, momentum is a powerful thing from game-to-game that can snowball. The Red Sox know these snowball moments- the Myers misplay, Papi/Victorino slams, etc.

The snowball rolled for the Red Sox against the Cardinals with that 1st inning. The Napoli base-clearer was the snowball that never stopped rolling.

I agree, now let's see how the Red Sox fare against Mr. Wacha tomorrow night.

...I will feel much better about the Tigers losing.

I won't. The Tigers have the best team in the league (offense, starting pitching and probably the last three league MVPs not to mention two Cy Young award winners). Anything less than a World Series Championship is an epic failure! We did not get beat, we simply gave it away!! Hopefully the Tigers find a manager, under 50, who isn't retired while still drawing a paycheck. They need a manager who is a morph of Vince Lombardi and Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from the movie Full Metal Jacket; someone who will put a healthy fear into this team and whip 'em into a lean, mean fighting machine.

bilde

"Well, any f***ing time, sweetheart!"

I won't. The Tigers have the best team in the league (offense, starting pitching and probably the last three league MVPs not to mention two Cy Young award winners). Anything less than a World Series Championship is an epic failure! We did not get beat, we simply gave it away!! Hopefully the Tigers find a manager, under 50, who isn't retired while still drawing a paycheck. They need a manager who is a morph of Vince Lombardi and Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from the movie Full Metal Jacket; someone who will put a healthy fear into this team and whip 'em into a lean, mean fighting machine.

"Well, any f***ing time, sweetheart!"

Bullpens are part of the game.

BTW, the Red Sox not Tigers had the best team in the league. Better regular season record and beat them in a best of 7.

Last edited:
RED SOX (1-0, 97-65 regular season)
Ellsbury CF
Victorino RF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz DH
Napoli 1B
Gomes LF
Saltalamacchia C
Drew SS
Bogaerts 3B

Pitching: RHP John Lackey (2-0, 3.00 postseason; 10-13, 3.52 regular season).

Cardinals lineup not released as of now....

When the Red Sox go to St. Louis,how feasible would it be,even though it could possibly seriously weaken the Sox defensively,to keep both Napoli & Ortiz in the starting line up by starting Ortiz at 1st base & Napoli at catcher?

RED SOX (1-0, 97-65 regular season)
Ellsbury CF
Victorino RF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz DH
Napoli 1B
Gomes LF
Saltalamacchia C
Drew SS
Bogaerts 3B

Pitching: RHP John Lackey (2-0, 3.00 postseason; 10-13, 3.52 regular season).

Cardinals lineup not released as of now....

This is my favorite Red Sox lineup!! Wouldn't have been opposed to see Nava get the nod over Gomes tonight, but why mess with what's been working? :)

When the Red Sox go to St. Louis,how feasible would it be,even though it could possibly seriously weaken the Sox defensively,to keep both Napoli & Ortiz in the starting line up by starting Ortiz at 1st base & Napoli at catcher?

[tweet]393488975257542657[/tweet]

With no lefties in the Cardinals rotation, I expect to see Papi at first in two of the three games.

Australian Football League on Fuel TV

Middle school football players execute life-changing play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)