2013 MLB Postseason

I was referencing how Giants fans feel about these two players helping the Dodgers to a series win.
I was just making a joke about the fact that nobody would have ever thought Brian Wilson and Juan Uribe would be the deciding factors in a clinching playoff game for their enemy

No, I don't like Maddon because he's a smarmy, hypocritical jackass! If Maddon doesn't say anything about that "ballpark" that his team plays in, he's the definition of a hypocrite.

Ah, I get it now. You, for some unknown reason, expect a manager to criticize his own ballpark, and when he doesn't, he's a hypocrite because he has said something about other parks. I get it! If only he had said something bad about Tropicana Field....

Wait! http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/...ve-centrally-located-retractable-roof-stadium

Ah, I get it now. You, for some unknown reason, expect a manager to criticize his own ballpark, and when he doesn't, he's a hypocrite because he has said something about other parks. I get it! If only he had said something bad about Tropicana Field....

Wait! http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/...ve-centrally-located-retractable-roof-stadium

Dude, what in hades is your problem (and I'm referring more to your sardonic tone, then showing me this article)? So I missed an article from TWO YEARS AGO that Maddon condemned his stadium. You obviously like the guy, and I obviously don't. So I guess we'll agree to disagree

Sorry if you find my tone cynical, but you were the one criticizing Maddon for a reason that I showed you isn't correct. You don't have to like the guy, that's fine, but if you cite a reason for not liking him and that reason turns out to not be founded, don't make it my fault for pointing it out to you.

I think Madden is an excellent manager. What he does with an average team year after year requires excellent managerial skills.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I think Madden is an excellent manager. What he does with an average team year after year requires excellent managerial skills. Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

He would be a great fit should leyland or the Tigers decide to not offer another one year deal

FWIW, I have a liking on Joe...seeing as how he was such a fine coach here in Anaheim for years. He does things so far out of the box sometimes I find it hard to believe he was under Big Mike's tutelage for so long. But I think he works well with his teams and gets the most he can from them.

That said, I can fully understand how what he says and does sometimes can rub an opponent or opponent's fans the wrong way. So I won't knock anyone for their opinions on Joe.

Remember the great words of Rodney King who said "Can't we all get along????" :drama:

FWIW, I have a liking on Joe...seeing as how he was such a fine coach here in Anaheim for years. He does things so far out of the box sometimes I find it hard to believe he was under Big Mike's tutelage for so long. But I think he works well with his teams and gets the most he can from them.

That said, I can fully understand how what he says and does sometimes can rub an opponent or opponent's fans the wrong way. So I won't knock anyone for their opinions on Joe.

Remember the great words of Rodney King who said "Can't we all get along????" :drama:

Thank you, that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that Maddon isn't a very good manager. In fact, I would rate him in the top 70-80 percentile of active managers, but he just rubs me (and many others, I assure you) the wrong way. And if anyone thinks it's a Red Sox fan hating on a rival manager, guess again. The Red Sox biggest rival is obviously the Yankees, and Joe Torre led that team to 4 championships and 6 pennants over 8 seasons. The Sox (and most other teams) were fodder for many of those Yankee clubs. But guess what? I respect Joe Torre as much as ANY manager that I've ever seen. Maddon could take a lesson on humility from Torre.

Teams should save champagne for the pennant/Series..
However, the Braves haven't won a playoff series since 2001 so that could've been acceptable.

I think I'd tune into Atlanta in the playoffs once they win a ?series

Teams should save champagne for the pennant/Series..
However, the Braves haven't won a playoff series since 2001 so that could've been acceptable.

I think I'd tune into Atlanta in the playoffs once they win a ?series

I've never understood the celebration following an LDS victory.

I'll pass on Madden ....
I would be much more interested in Scoscia ....

The talk buzzing around Anaheim is that neither Mike or Jerry will be fired. Mike has a long and expensive contract and now we are hearing that Arte put the pressure on Jerry to make the deals for Pujols and Hamilton. So the buck allegedly stops at Arte's desk...literally!

How do you know it is a bandwagoner? I get accused of being on the bandwagon when I wear my Dodgers shirts even though I have been a fan since birth.
No offense, but you know how So Cal is. Remember when the Lakers were on fire? Every post season you would see car after car after with Laker flags flying.
So now that the Dodgers are suddenly the hot playoff team, it's time to break out the Blue to be "in". I am well aware of true Dodger fans and see them wearing caps and jackets all the time. But just you watch...IF the Dodgers get to the Series, they will be selling Dodger flags on every street corner from Pacoima to Laguna Beach!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts